Mental Health Forums

'ello

NeonMouse

Just found this site on google after looking up bordeline personality disorder... It seems like a good site.

Anyway here's a little info about me, Im George, age 21(22 in dec :( ) and its been around three years since I was diagnosed with depression at the CMHT by the CPN that's been assinged to me.

I've spent a lot of the last year at day treatment and attending therepy(exploratory), ive also just moved into supported housing... all off which has been pretty stressfull

Medication wise im being prescribed lustral(zoloft/setraline) allough i havent had any tablets in the last 5 or 6 days... luckily the withdrawal syndrome hasnt been too bad. Before the lustral i was being perscribed prozac which i hated, as it just made me feel way to spaced out... like a fake plastic happiness. Oh i also get perscribed temazapam if i ask for it... allough im trying to stay away from it as i tend to use it to get stoned... I dont think i want a benzo addiction at the age of 21

Anyway im currently thinking about asking my therapist if she thinks i've got a personality disorder... donno if i will ever get the courage up. allthough it does seem to me that the doctor I see about my medication is allways on about personality type and that its normally a bad idea to try to change some on who is intraverted into an extravert... and my therepist seems to ask me a lot of questions that are similer to those online quizes based on the dsm thingy... but im probbably reading to much into it like i normally do.

Anyway sorry if this intro is a bit lenghty.

Cheers,

George

Just found this site on google after looking up bordeline personality disorder... It seems like a good site.

Anyway here's a little info about me, Im George, age 21(22 in dec :( ) and its been around three years since I was diagnosed with depression at the CMHT by the CPN that's been assinged to me.

I've spent a lot of the last year at day treatment and attending therepy(exploratory), ive also just moved into supported housing... all off which has been pretty stressfull

Medication wise im being prescribed lustral(zoloft/setraline) allough i havent had any tablets in the last 5 or 6 days... luckily the withdrawal syndrome hasnt been too bad. Before the lustral i was being perscribed prozac which i hated, as it just made me feel way to spaced out... like a fake plastic happiness. Oh i also get perscribed temazapam if i ask for it... allough im trying to stay away from it as i tend to use it to get stoned... I dont think i want a benzo addiction at the age of 21

Anyway im currently thinking about asking my therapist if she thinks i've got a personality disorder... donno if i will ever get the courage up. allthough it does seem to me that the doctor I see about my medication is allways on about personality type and that its normally a bad idea to try to change some on who is intraverted into an extravert... and my therepist seems to ask me a lot of questions that are similer to those online quizes based on the dsm thingy... but im probbably reading to much into it like i normally do.

Anyway sorry if this intro is a bit lenghty.

Cheers,

George

WELCOME GEORGE :D

I HOPE YOU GET THE SUPPORT AND INFOMATION YOU ARE LOOKING FOR ON THIS SITE.

EVERYONE IS VERY SUPPORTIVE OF EACH OTHER, SO I'M SURE YOU WILL SOON FEEL AT HOME

EVERYONE HERE IS SO FRIENDLY,SUPPORTIVE AND WELCOMING. :)

Hi Neonmouse (cool name) and welcome!

Hope you find help and support here, it is a good site (I think so anyway). Cant help you with the possible PD thing as Im always wary of self-diagnosing in myself, and I think its only psychiatrists who can give an official diagnosis; cant see the harm discussing it with your therapist though if their questions seem biased towards PDs?

Made me laugh about the benzos; always a temptation!

Look forward to chatting to you around the site

rebeccaborderline

Hi George nice to meet you, welcome to the forum. Hope you get all the support and help here that you need.

I think for the possible PD thing you should speak to your therapist, my therapist is always really pleased if I have been doing some investigation on my own - even if it's wrong - because she sees it that me being interested in my mental health is a very positive thing, so you have nothing to lose by asking her what she thinks.

Look forward to seeing you around

Badger

xx

welcome george

you seem to have a good take on your situation. I hope if you can pluck up the courage to ask about your diagnosis that you get some kind of reply that feels helpful.

meantime, you are with a good bunch here for advice, support and encouragement.

jai

Welcome Neonmouse...the name rocks! Hope you find some support here...and well done staying away from benzos took me ages to get off them...hope meds get sorted soon love kate xx

Archived