Mental Health Forums

Hi

Murdock

Hi Everyone'

I am new and nervous. I have been in and out of Mental Health Hospitals all my life ( I am not that young ) I have been very bad for the last five years and have just recently been told i have BPD. At first I was shocked, but then happy, strange I know, but it explained so much, my anger, self loathing, violent mood swings etc. They told me it was due to an abusive childhood. I am male and ashamed. Being new to the site I wanted to say hi and hope that an older male will be acepted. Being new I am not sure how things work, I cannot wirk out how to fill in my Profile, can anyone help? Also I am told I will allways have BPD,is this true,? aaargh!

Thanks

Murdock :wub:

Hi and welcome.....so sorry you've had such a painful time.Not sure about bpd...think it can stabilise,don't know if it can disappear completely but i'm sure some other people on here will be able to help you with that.Hope you find support and warmth here.....its a good place.Kate xx

welcome murdock

to do your profile go up to the top of the website and you see my controls and in tehre you should see a list of things on the left side of screen and also there will be one for my profile, so hope that helps..

ive got bpd aswell so i hope us all here can help make you feel welcome :)

WELCOME MURDOCK, :D

I HOPE THAT YOU FIND THIS WEB-SITE HELPFULL, EVERYONE HERE IS VERY FRIENDLY AND SUPPORTIVE OF EACH OTHER.

YOU SAY YOU ARE HAVING A PROBLEM WITH YOUR PROFILE? GO TO MY CONTROLS AT THE TOP RIGHT HAND SIDE OF THE PAGE CLICK ON IT, THEN ANOTHER WINDOW WILL COME, LOOK DOWN THE LEFT HAND SIDE OF THE SCREEN, CLICK ON EDIT PROFILE, THEN CHANGE OR EDIT WHAT YOU WANT TO DO, THEN CLICK AMEMD CHANGES, IF THIS DOES NOT WORK, THEN I DONT KNOW WHAT ELSE TO SUGGEST :)

ONCE AGAIN WELCOME

hey murdock welcome,

im a male and there is nothig to be ashamed of your a human being that is having by the sounds of it a really tough time and somethimes its ok to talk and this group is the best place to do it if ya ever want a chat im here for ya bud

Hi Murdock

Firstly welcome and i hope you find this site as useful as i have. I have been here a couple of months and i am still trying to get used to it, but if you do get stuck there are the most friendly people here that will help you. I too, when i first joined was very nervous, didn't know what to say or was frightened that i may upset someone, but the people here have bought me out of my sheel a bit and i can talk to them cos they know what i am going through to. I am sorry to hear that things have been tough for you but if you ever need to talk then people are here for you, to help and give advice as best they can from their own situations, if that makes sense. Don't feel asahmed, i was told about my bpd a couple of months ago and my therapist said it is curable you have to learn new things to help you in life.

You are defintely accepted, please believe that, i find i go into chat most nights cos it helps me to stop doing stupid things and you can just talk about anything.

I hope you get the best out of this site, it has been a lifeline to me, i found it quite hard to get used to at the beginning but i am getting better now, it was if i am honest, a bit overwhelming, but it will get easier.

Sorry for the ramble, take care

Chealsea

Welcome murdock,

we have no criteria as to male, female, young, old, bpd, or other mental illness. we are all here trying to support each other and get help along the way.

thanks for joining us

bets

Welcome Murdock,

I like the name choice... from the A team right? :)

I've not been here long but have found it really informative on bpd stuff and everyone is friendly and supportive.

Hope you find this too

just me

Hi Murdock; the more the merrier mate! Im a wrinkly (F), so youre in good company! Also, like you, diagnosed with BPD relatively late in life, aged 35. Can relate to the almost sense of relief; at least there was some explanation now for these awful things id been experiencing/undergoing.

As for full recovery from BPD; well the stats say high proportion of BPDs no longer fit diagnostic criteria 10 years on. For myself, the periods between "crises" seem to lengthen a bit and the good times are more productive and active. But for me I think it will always be with me, just perhaps I can learn to manage it better (still hoping anyway!). A key for me has been effective therapy.

Hope you like the board, its friendly supportive and informative; take your time, have a browse (theres a Chat room too), and look forward to talking to you.

rebeccaborderline

Hi Murdock and welcome...everyone is really friendly and supportive here...we also have forums specifically for abuse survivors too and many of us are members of both.

Hi

I think most of us felt similar to you when we first joined, but it gets easier, and as it gets easier you get a bit more out of the place. Have a scout around, read posts that you relate to or interest you or that you can offer advice on and stick your big toe in.......no-one bites, unless there's a full moon :P

Take care

Danny

welcome murdock

to do your profile go up to the top of the website and you see my controls and in tehre you should see a list of things on the left side of screen and also there will be one for my profile, so hope that helps..

welcome murdock

Thank you for your kindness. I hope i settle here as alone is not a nice place

Murdock

Hi Murdock

Firstly welcome and i hope you find this site as useful as i have. I have been here a couple of months and i am still trying to get used to it, but if you do get stuck there are the most friendly people here that will help you. I too, when i first joined was very nervous, didn't know what to say or was frightened that i may upset someone, but the people here have bought me out of my sheel a bit and i can talk to them cos they know what i am going through to. I am sorry to hear that things have been tough for you but if you ever need to talk then people are here for you, to help and give advice as best they can from their own situations, if that makes sense. Don't feel asahmed, i was told about my bpd a couple of months ago and my therapist said it is curable you have to learn new things to help you in life.

You are defintely accepted, please believe that, i find i go into chat most nights cos it helps me to stop doing stupid things and you can just talk about anything.

I hope you get the best out of this site, it has been a lifeline to me, i found it quite hard to get used to at the beginning but i am getting better now, it was if i am honest, a bit overwhelming, but it will get easier.

Sorry for the ramble, take care

Chealsea

Hi Chelsea,

Thank you for being so kind. I hope it helps me as well as i am back in the silly state, if you know what i mean. Do you ever feel totaly empty?

take care

Murdock

welcome murdock!! i hope you find much support here. it's really been helpful to me and i'm only in this for 2 weeks. i post a lot, but that's just cuz i crave to connect. hope you'll do the same.

Archived