Mental Health Forums

Zen Philosophy And Bpd

bored-a-line

i read somewhere about a year ago that reading about zen philosophy can be an aid to ease some painful symptoms of bpd.

anyone heard anything similar? anyone tried this?

Yeah, my DBT skills group leader said Zen philosophy can really help as a lot of it provided the basis for DBT in the first place. Also can help with learning the mindfulness skills which are the hardest to master. I was told to read into it and luckily it interested me enough that I could make sense of it but I couldn't give an update about effect- I'm still in the beginning stages of DBT and so slowly learning what is working and what isn't.

Anwen

Like ANWEN Said.

the ZEN Philisophy comes into BPD with the help of DBT and Mindfullness. Mindfullness is based upon ZEN PHILIOSPOHY and some people can grasp it rather well others takes time but its a very good philosophy *living in the moment* thier is a lot of it writen in buddihst works as part of mindfullness comes from this as well. as with ZEN.

I learnt a lot at midnfullness about ZEN and as such have actaully done a little more reading on it and am very intrigued about it all, I even bought myself a ZEN GARDEN to help with mindfullness skills.

If u ever look into DBT I am sure u will come up with Zen and its process's and hopefully see the benifts that it has.

Otherwise it is a great idea to look into it IF u have the interest. I belive it can help a great deal when used correctly.

it sure is helping myself.

daisy.

thanks.

im very very interested, just waiting for someone to look at my amazon wish list and get me a book on it for christmas..

im too poor for books right now!

Archived