Mental Health Forums

What Is Psychotic?

RunnyWabbit

Yes, paranoia is considered to be a delusion. A delusions are distortions of reality. and paranoia it part of that system.

Great...Now I'm delusional too... :wacko:

There is indeed diagnostic criteria for both paranoia/delusions. I won't get into the detail of explaining as its too detailed and long. Most "normal" people can at one time in their life be paranoid/delusional. Folks with bpd and other mental illnesses can experience paranoia and delusions at any one point in time in their lives. Its often seen accompanied with stress as a reaction thereof. Tough symptoms to overcome. Often medication helps......

lille, IMO, you'd really know if paranoia/delusions were diagnostically present. Your life would most likely be in an upheavel and trusting would be almost impossible............ (or beginning to happen) Friends, family, and strangers would be impacted too with such a change in the norm of everyday functioning.

I do not claim that my postings are of a clinical opinion, idea, or knowledge base. Nor are my suggestions in anyway to be clinical.

Thanks

Wis

• 2 weeks later...

psychotic and suicidal are two different things, whoever told u they are the same thing or tell u have to be psychotic to be suicidal or if suicidal ur psychotic that person has no idea what they are talkin bout. they need to re- research their supposed knowledge there. sorry :wacko: psychotic-- are u talkin bout psychosis?? hallucinations, delusions?? more named as psychosis. like psychotic depression is severe depression with psychotic features or much better word psychosis.. suicidal tendacies or thoughts. are a sympton also just like psychosis is. they are just another part of the disease. it just how severe the disease has gotten. like SI i knwo it off subject, but most people tend to think of poeple who SI are suicidal and that simply not the case. people who SI are trying to stay alive, it makes them feel as if they are alive and for alot of people it brings down the level of anxiety and psychosis for that one event. it just that society is not really sympathetic to people who have a brain disorder. they figure since it has to do with the mind, that they can jus simply turn it off like a flip of a switch. there i go again gettin off topic... but to answer your quesiotn no u dont have to be psychtic to be suicidal nor do u have to be suicdal to be psychotic.. it 2 different things.

psychosis.. is just the worsening of the depression, or if u have schiz, or bi polar.. it a sympton

suicidal ( tendacies or thougts) they are symptons also.

in additon to the original quesiotn u had in topic, anti psychtic are there to take away the psychosis. such abilify, risperdal, zyprexa, clozaril, geodon, seroquel. the ones that i have tried personally was risperdal and zyprexa. rispedal works as did zyprexa but risperdal gave me a freaky sifde effect and zyprexa is a drug that everyone would love to hate! but they do work is why i had to quit it aginast doc orders, it took away something that was very imprtant to me, i couldnt deal with it, so it back full force with more lol and its my own fault because im not willing to give up what it took away for a few weeks :). but they do work. thye are known to especially zyprexa. make u gain weight big time and make u sleep 16 hours a day wiht feeling groggy all day long with all the other lik side effects. but they do work although zyprexa is in the news ( fda alerts) for worsening the disease. but it all an experiment. all trial and error. there is no one drug for one disease at least not yet :)

Archived