Mental Health Forums

So Do You Like Being Ill

paddypotty

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry Lucy but are you suggesting Im not rational in complaining?

No sorry pp, i think you should make a point when people say the wrong things, its the only way they will think about what they do say

I didnt see trce@s point about only supporting when somthing is being looked at rationally, when i know that looking at somthing rationallionally is really hard to do. Somtimes you need someone to suggest a different view for you to see it

Trace i work part time look after my family get on with life pay to see a private t so i can be happier but that doent stop me from knowing where people are coming from about how they feel. Somtimes you do need woe is me, other times you need a shove in the right direction

Lucy

My diagnosis is not my badge of honour nor would I want it to be.

In spite of my condition I have worked,I do look after my children and helped care for my father for a long time prior to his death,I dont wallow in my illness.

This thread was started solely because I had an experience that was humiliating,I felt the need to discuss it here because it felt like a safe place to do so.I think I have looked at the situation rationally and made a valid complaint.

Other than that all I can suggest is that if the post offend dont read it,you are entitled to your opinion but likewise I am entitled to my opinion and the right to discuss a situation that was both distressing and unfair.

Patricia

I'm with you Patricia!

I think this thread has been very valid and useful in allowing people to discuss situations in which they feel they have been treated unfairly due to their condition. In short, we have been discussing discrimination, which sadly does happen occasionally when you have a mental illness or other related disorder.

I can say honestly that I have never seen anything on this forum which constitutes moaning! I am proud to be a part of this forum, simply because of the wonderful people here. Despite living with such a debilitating illness, everyone is able to share their experiences and offer advice and support to others. I for one have gained an immense amount of insight and understanding into my disorder, just by reading the wide variety of topics that are posted on this forum.

I hope you're feeling a little better now Patricia. It is strange that your complaint has been ignored, but very good that you have been offered therapy more promptly! Do you have a date for your appointment yet?

Take care and keep us posted!

KP

xx

Prudence,I have to wait another 20 days before I hear what is happening with the complaint.

Im glad that I made the complaint and I continue to feel that it is a valid thing to do.

I can understand Traces comments having spoke to her via pm.

I think more than anything I dont want any bad vibes arising out of this post.

Patricia

I need to apologise! I don't know when outside is real and when inside is real. I need to say this to bring the blame back to myelf, not for sympathy. but I was raised by a narcisstic step mother....her cruel words and lack off emphaphy are what I hear! I hear them all the time, I get confused..I argue back...I dont know anyone here and had no right to say what I said...as you see, I still have along way to go myself...I try to remind myself the voices are not there....but its easier to be the attacker then to be the victim and i struggle with the battle daily...i;ll leave you all alone ...thanks for reading

Trace,

Thanks for that. I do think you had a valid point, but perhaps the chice of words was a bit unfortunate! No offense taken by me; please keep posting. This place is for everybody, in whatever stage of recovery (or not) that theyre in; and personally, I enjoy being challenged, makes me think!

TC

Rebeccaborderline

I need to apologise! I don't know when outside is real and when inside is real. I need to say this to bring the blame back to myelf, not for sympathy. but I was raised by a narcisstic step mother....her cruel words and lack off emphaphy are what I hear! I hear them all the time, I get confused..I argue back...I dont know anyone here and had no right to say what I said...as you see, I still have along way to go myself...I try to remind myself the voices are not there....but its easier to be the attacker then to be the victim and i struggle with the battle daily...i;ll leave you all alone ...thanks for reading

Please don't worry Trace!

It happens sometimes, right? Don't beat yourself up over it. Sounds like you've had a pretty rough time and I can understand where you're coming from, believe me!

The really important thing is that you've recognised why you reacted the way you did and you've explained yourself very well. Recovery is all about learning where your emotions and behaviours stem from and trying to make gradual, consistent changes. You're doing better than you think!

Stay with the forum, don't run away! You're very welcome!

Take care,

KP

xx

• 3 weeks later...

I received a letter today,they went to great lengths to outline the discussion I had initially with 2 cpns and its spot on,but when it gets to the final meeting I had prior to discharge(the one where it was said that maybe I was sick cos I liked getting dla),its completely whitewashed,I guess I made it up being the sad mad fuck I am.

I have an option to meet with the head of the crisis team but whats the fucking point,its my word against hers and who are they likely to believe.

Patricia

I believe you Patricia, but its up to you if you want to take it further; its intimidating being up against the professionals so nobody would blame you if you decided to leave it now. Good luck with whichever way you want to go

rebeccaborderline

Archived