Mental Health Forums

3 Good Things Have Happened This Week

gingernut

I got invited out by the friends from university even after the last incident where I lost my trainers and got arrested by the police. So I am not as hated as i first thought unless most people have gone home for the holidays and hardly anyone is left so they got desperate. I have made sure I arranged a driving lesson for tomorrow when they are going out so I dont get tempted. Its the only way forward at the moment as I am not that predictable with drink at the best of times but recently I have not made it back on the train safely on every occasion I have drank with them. Thats good thing number 1

Good thing number 2 is that I handed in my pile of poo essay about a case study from hell, it is rubbish and the english is awful. In fact my english is better on here than in my essay at least it flows. So now I have nothing to worry about over christmas except getting the results back.

Good thing number 3 is that I had my occupational health checkup today to see if I was coping with the course and placement. I said of course I was and he said thats fine I dont have to see you again then. I wasnt going to tell him about my recent incidents and my daft drunk behaviour. I did seem to well up abit which I cant seem to get used to. Im not a cryer really but I think he didnt notice. I think I was over tired from the all-nighters writing that stupid essay. He did say something weird like " you know we can be used as an advisory thing also" so I figure he means that I can go to him and discuss worries with him. To be honest though he is not the most soft and cuddily of doctors so that will never happen.

There all good news and sorry for putting a negative spin on it all but I have to write those little niggily little thoughts in my head.

Ginger

Thats great news Ginger....and very good strategy re the driving lesson!! Glad you managed to tackle the essay....more disciplined than me,i still have mybooks to do for November..... xx

Sorry just realised that in the greater scheme of things these are just not so great but thanks for replying.

Now I feel that I was the one that got myself into all of these situations that would not normally effect others so whats the big hooha?

I got myself hospitalised when I knew I was thinking about changing careers so I deserved that problem with the occupational health.

I cant handle my drink but still carry on drinking even with knowing that I am probably going to do something really stupid.

I talked about my essay until the cows came home for months in advance but never did anything about it.

If somebody realises that they stress over the little things why would they put themselves into the most stressful of all the situations?

To me it just sounds as though I dont really deserve the praise in fact I probably deserve a kick up the backside.

Ginger the stupid womble

Ginger,

Even though you may think you have bought this upon yourself, at least these problems are resting a bit easier on your brain, and in my humble opinion that is a positive!

Dont be so hard on yerself matey!

Martin

well done Joanne.., You must of worked hard turning that postive into a negative!!!!!

noone has raised concerns about you on your placement

you have put stratergies in place to reduce the likelyhood of the effects of drinking

You have comepleted your case study

now you have some thing else to dismiss ;)

Thanks Mrs Tree, you can be a very sarcastic oak when you want to be. Shame I cant stick with the first thought. I want to be one of those people that see the silver lining.

Youre all right I have accepted that it is my fault that I got into these pickles but at least I am trying to get out of them. There now lets see if I can come back a couple of hours later and turn that into a negative too. ;)

I am so predictable to even myself its unreal.

Ginger the womble that is sorry for turning a positive thread into a nice big whopping negative one. Maybe we could swap forum slots each time I add a comment.

Joanne stop now while youre ahead you are rambling

Archived