Mental Health Forums

Some Artwork [by Me]

Micheal

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They are great Micheal, i often wish i was artistic but i am hopeless at art. I still draw stick people :lol: , even they don't look like people lol. It must be good to be able to express yourself via art sometimes, i imagine it to be quite theraputic. Anyway good work.

Take care xxxx

They are wonderful!

How do you DO that with the jpegs, i.e. cut out a certain part?!

Here my (so far only creation:

It was too big. I need to resize.....

Wow lovely pics Pixel :)

Hey Elke I downloaded a free bit of software to crop and resize jpegs and play with some of the colours:

http://picasa.google.co.uk/

Hey NuttyMoo & BB yes I have found doing artwork really important for me as therapy i didn't realise before how much it could help.. I was lucky in that I did a beginner's adult-education art course that was run by a fantastic teacher, my belief in myself could have been made or broken at that point, and luckily she helped make it. My fav quote from teacher is 'We're not trying to be cameras folks, we have cameras for that now." (first still-life drawing class).

Come on Betsy get posting! :)

That is very true Micheal i am glad it made you, Samsung i am so glad i am not on my own with the stick people :lol: .

Pixel and Micheal they are all great pictures, keep on with them. Art therpay was mentioned to me years ago but i tell you put me in a room with anything Arty and i don't have the imagination nor the skill. When my nieces and nephews ask me to draw anything they are like thats not what i asked you to draw :lol: - thats how bad i am. My little niece is so artistic takes after her dad it runs in the family.

I am so glad that getting involved in art has helped you, a picture can say a thousand words so they say or something like that.

take care xxx

Hi Michael,

glad I logged into the topic today, after my flop with the upload I didnt think anyone would mention me anymore (ha). Thanks for thinking of me and giving me the link. Unfortunately, I dont have the System requirements - still in Windows 98SE :(

but you gave me the idea and I will search for Foto-Software and see if I can find something for my PC.

And then..,I will return!!!

Thanks much!

Elke

im sorry if that was in some way offensive, but i only meant i appreciated the use his photograph in the compositions, because he is one of my favourite artists/art personalities and i was being sincere.it actually cheered me up, so im sorry. that was not my intention. :(

Yes FB's great isn't he I figured he'd like the recycling :)

When I did those 3 I was thinking about objects, genuiness, displacement, history, authorship, after returning from dublin myself where i picked up the 3 postcards and the 3 FB heads that composed my ticket for entry into the FB exhibition...

I also saw Radiohead there, had to mention that..

:)

p.s. Dublin's great; London's great too but they have different feels, which is great. :)

im sorry if that was in some way offensive, but i only meant i appreciated the use his photograph in the compositions, because he is one of my favourite artists/art personalities and i was being sincere.it actually cheered me up, so im sorry. that was not my intention. :(

No, squirrel it was my fault, a misunderstanding that I interpreted wrong and took personally.

Sorry. No offense to me.

Elke

• 2 weeks later...

Some recent bits and bobs :)

Penultimate one is a shot of some frosted glass thought i'd share looks lurvley doesn't it? :)

Couldn't resist chucking in the sink head :)

now i have an image in my head of a line with pictures hanging off it

i understand everything now (can you tell i'm lying)

pictures are still really good

Archived