Mental Health Forums

Some Artwork [by Me]

Micheal

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Made a little print block these are the actual colours used a slightly glossy watercolour printing paint.

p.s. actually i fib the paper's a lot more green.

hey michael i think you would do great in art therapy! i know ive said this before..

good pictures.

Thanxs BB I feel pretty down about everything at the moment.

Yes doing the art is definitely therapy for me though no one has ever analysed it for me.

• 1 month later...

Great works Micheal. :)

Figured I'd share a bit of my odds and ends as well. Here's a photo of a stray near my apartment and a digital painting of myself.

MrStray.jpg

powder.png

I post most of my stuff on my account www.push-pin.deviantart.com

Thank you very much Meg and Sunshine.

It's all on a board of stuff and if anyone happened to be interested they can have it if they want it all that i'd ask is that they give a donation to bpdworld? :)

There is some text that I had to write to go with it stuck on the back which explains it a little this is the text:

Contextual research evaluation

The first session visit to the Wallace Collection encouraged me to look more closely at the functional aspects of garment design; for example, how leather straps and buckles were used to bind together separate sections of a (sheet metal) suit of armour whilst also allowing freedom of movement in the combatant’s thighs. I also noticed how the products of evolutionary arms races in the animal kingdom had resurfaced or had been recycled, for example the flexible overlapping armour of an armadillo. Clearly a number of physical and psychological factors had to be traded against each other by the designers of these items of clothing; the blurring of the distinction between ‘aesthetic’ and ‘functional’ characteristics seemed to be particularly prominent.

I then went on to further consider the psychological and social implications of adopting a certain style of dress (or having it directly or indirectly imposed upon you), for example the benefits and drawbacks of the internal and external stereotyping which a certain style might attract. This idea was articulated in the Fashion Court of the V&A, where the historical adoption of male styles of clothing by women was highlighted.

The work of Sara Sze helped me to understand that materials can be given a textiles feel without necessarily including any traditional fabrics. I also read a discussion of the history and issues surrounding recycled materials in the contexts of crafts, design and fine art, and Sara’s work helped me to cognitively consolidate this with firm visual examples.

I studied the work of Rineke Dijkstra and Maurizio Cattelan, which explores identity and power issues. I conceived the notion of a branded colour, ’Guantanamo Orange’, which of course is a satirical reference to the questionable double standards which the U.S. Government appear to have been employing in their detention centre for the last five years. From this I developed the notion of strong psychological and aesthetic allegiances as having the potential to cause a certain level of imprisonment for the individual; I hope that this comes across in the practical work.

:)

http://www.mentalhealth-world.org.uk/forums/uploads/monthly_03_2007/post-5715-1173911217.jpghttp://www.mentalhealth-world.org.uk/forums/uploads/monthly_03_2007/post-5715-1173911284.jpghttp://www.mentalhealth-world.org.uk/forums/uploads/monthly_03_2007/post-5715-1173911268.jpg

totally fantastic

Both you Michael and Pixie are so talented, i cant even draw a stick man :lol:

the last pic is great,but not sure what it is-wouldnt fancy that going through my bedroom ha ha

Great works Micheal. :)

Figured I'd share a bit of my odds and ends as well. Here's a photo of a stray near my apartment and a digital painting of myself.

powder.png

I post most of my stuff on my account www.push-pin.deviantart.com

Thats an excellent shot.

Archived