Mental Health Forums

Some Artwork [by Me]

Micheal

best supply a cold tap too..

post-1938-1169750274.jpg

I think this is my favourite out of all of yours, Michael. Its just abstract enough to appeal to me I guess.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.mentalhealth-world.org.uk/forums/uploads/monthly_03_2007/post-4048-1174509511.jpghttp://www.mentalhealth-world.org.uk/forums/uploads/monthly_03_2007/post-4048-1174509206.jpg

I was doing situationalist drawings all over town in september. For the ones around my campus i used animal footprints. ( i did a good one of a bear walking out of the laundry room many metres, then climbing into a friend's room but didn't get any pics, dammit...). This is a duck going using the phonebox, then flying back up the stairs. I did them in secret, and it was nice to see people's reaction and puzzlement :) Was very fun.

My favourite and best parts of my project were more peformance based and hence filmed, so i can't really share them :(

http://www.mentalhealth-world.org.uk/forums/uploads/monthly_03_2007/post-4048-1174509511.jpghttp://www.mentalhealth-world.org.uk/forums/uploads/monthly_03_2007/post-4048-1174509206.jpg

I was doing situationalist drawings all over town in september. For the ones around my campus i used animal footprints. ( i did a good one of a bear walking out of the laundry room many metres, then climbing into a friend's room but didn't get any pics, dammit...). This is a duck going using the phonebox, then flying back up the stairs. I did them in secret, and it was nice to see people's reaction and puzzlement :) Was very fun.

My favourite and best parts of my project were more peformance based and hence filmed, so i can't really share them :(

Squirreal, can you not get something together on YouTube? It may give you a larger audience and better feedback on the type of artwork you are producing.

I have never really got into video, just still shots, but its something that you've reminded me I should look into more.

mmmh...im a lazy arse!!! plus, it was more about the actual performance than the video itself (- kind of fluxus inspired- the video was to help me document it for my coursework) so i think very few people would be interested in it, in terms of the video. i dunno. i am tired, not sure i'm making sense...

Cheers, Micheal. I was never sure about this particular photo. Several people have said they liked it, but I'm not sure I'm convinced yet - its just a couple of leaves I guess!!

Cheers, Micheal. I was never sure about this particular photo. Several people have said they liked it, but I'm not sure I'm convinced yet - its just a couple of leaves I guess!!

I'm up for it, nice composition I says. :)

Take a vision at this: transporter for gods?

I've got my critical head on at the moment.

I think your picture could have been better with a bit of depth (using a bigger aperture for example). As it is, with everything in focus, it all looks a bit flat.

And unfortunately, the eye is drawn more towards the big expanse of grey rather than the coloured seats.

Just tell me to piss off if I've missed the point!!

A few of my things...

Well this is all very lovely! I'm so pleased that everyone is posting i love looking at other people's work and i tire of myself i seem such a bore to myself sometimes.

I love the delicate curves and the symbolism and the roses and the burst bubbles and lots more as i keep on looking i'm sure!

:)

thanks michael :D I really like your stuff too-very interesting to see what other people do... and same with me, I get tired of my stuff, I wish it was more emotional driven or something-I pick things to add to it, but I can only "draw" it, so when I look at it it almost looks... I dunno, coloring book style or something. But I also compare a lot of the time to people who are into computer graphic design (which is what I'm going to be majoring so I will hold up eventually in a line with 'em, lol). Really looking forward to dressing up some of this stuff, but until then, I can just post the same ol' stuff-tat design ideas are what most of them really are.

Mountain1.jpg

This was my fist attempt at oils on canvas. I am 1/2 way through another as part of some art therapy, which I will post once it is completed.

Archived