Mental Health Forums

Some Artwork [by Me]

Micheal

nice stuff all :) LTM-I've toyed with the idea of actually going into tatooing-but the apprenticeship costs $5,000 (ouch!) and then after you go through it, they can still decide you aren't good enough and not license you, of course, lol. So a bit leery of shooting for that-maybe after I get through college for graphics design, then I might play with the idea as an on the side thing, I just really can't see myself tatting someone up when I'm older, lol, though as something to do right now, it sounds like fun-something I could probably get into. I do like to meet new people at times... and a place like that would bring in the more interesting of them :) For some reason, I'm reminded of the truck stop crew I worked around, the truckers always get the rep for being psychos and rough people and all, but really, they just look that way-most of them are family guys, laid back guys, they just want to stop and have someone to talk to, lol, very down to earth and all. I know a tat thing would be different as you'd get locals and all, but I still think of it as that kind of environment for some reason, and I absolutely LOVED it back in my better days :)

My only problem is creativity-all of those that were recently posted were all duplicates drawn by looking at something on the comp screen, none original :( it's kind of a bummer.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@ Squirreal:-

Very nice abstract shots. For me, personally, I would have been happier not to have a read a description of your technique - it leaves more to the imagination. Like I say, its a personal thing (and hypocritical given I described my own work in an earlier post. Doh !!)

I can see both........just by squinting!!

But I've spent years being a big fan of MC Escher, so have developed the knack of trying to look at things from a different perspective.

E.g............

EscherCubeRealFront.gif

Oo yes nice one LTM. I see the universe as being something like that: impossible yet possible.

Have you ever come across The Road to Reality by Roger Penrose? He discusses some of Escher's woodcuts at the start.

Love your new pics btw LTM.

:)

I'm guessing its a book, but no, I've not come across it before. I'll have a google and see what I can find though.

That last picture of mine (obviously Stonehenge) was a little experiment with something called DRI (Dynamic Range Increase). It gives the overall shot a slightly less real look than usual - more stylised.

Oh yes soz it is a book yes, a very big one!

You obviously know a lot more about photography than me.

I like the type of photography that walks that real/unreal line, and also that which has a narrative suggested in it? I like close-ups too.

Hey I like loads of stuff I don't know why i'm trying to enumerate it?!

Please keep posting.

:rolleyes:

Woh that last one's got that religious feel going on for me hope the big finger of blame isn't about to come out?!

Hey I don't really care if it points at me i'll point back.

:rolleyes:

Hmmm, you're the first person to suggest a religious overtone. Previously its been likened to a skyscape from 'Lord of the Rings', but never from the Bible!!

I may have to re-think what I title it as now!!

Hey Michael,

Think this thread is bringing out the creative side in a lot of people!

Have loved looking at the pictures!

Well done - it was a great idea!

:D

All the best,

KP

xx

Hmmm, you're the first person to suggest a religious overtone. Previously its been likened to a skyscape from 'Lord of the Rings', but never from the Bible!!

DEAR GOD, don't mention the bible...someone will keeppeace at you...

*hides*

:huh:

An apt shot given the time of posting...............and the kettle's f**ked so haven't even got coffee available. Arse!!

I was pleased with this shot, although its very rough around the edges. I was in Oz at the time and very, very drunk. I took it without the aid of a tripod from a beach hut on the southern coast (Ulladulla I think), but the camera saved me with its OIS system - thank god for technology.

DEAR GOD, don't mention the bible...someone will keeppeace at you...

*hides*

:huh:

LOL..........I'm in the dubious position of being able to Peacekeep my own ass. Its tempting !!

Archived