Mental Health Forums

Wiped Out

Lauren

I took for the first time a low dose of zispin on friday night. Woke up feeling like it been shot full of sedatives. Spent an hour on the sofa in and out of being concious, cant remember how I caught the bus to work.

Spent a few hours there trying to stay upright and nt pass out cold on the floor before being sent home and sleeping for 13 hours straight.

Nearly 48 hours after taking it im still feeling the effects a bit.

Im just wondering if anyone else had such an experience from an anti depressent before?

I have taken high doses of benzos and anti psychotics with no wheere near such a strong effect.

It was veery scary to wake up that way.

L

xxx

Lorna,

Efexor made me a bit dizzy and groggy to start with, I slipped down the 4 stairs to the bathroom in the night a couple of times, but not quite to that extent.....sounds like you need an even lower dose? Or that it interacts with your other meds? Or are you really tired as well?

Do you see the doc/psych again soon? U need this sorted!

lorna

Yea effexor induced a nasty manic episode for me.

And yep I do need it sorted. Have an appointment it six weeks time. I just wont take anymore of the zispin until then.

I'd rather live with anxiety every day then feel like ive been hit with a horse tranquliser.

L

xxx

Part of the reason I have been so happy with my new therapist is that I have been able to really, really work with him and am hoping that by the time my psych appointment comes on the 3rd, they will decide not to prescribe anything. I went off the Wellbutrin last week and have felt better. I sleep more and eat more. I don't want this stuff.

Archived