Mental Health Forums

6pm Onwards

Friede

Hi

This is the first time that I have posted here, so I hope that I am doing the right thing. I'm very new to BPD, as I was only told that the doctors think that I have it last Tuesday. Since then I have read a lot about BPD on the Internet, but one thing that baffles me is why do I always feel so much worse from 6pm onwards. Is this 'normal' for somebody with BPD? The problem is that the doctors never see me at my worst. If they did, they might offer more help/support.

I'd be grateful to hear your comments.

Thanks

Hi Friede,

I think there's probably a number of reasons why you could feel worse in the evenings, and I think a lot of people will agree with what you've noticed. Firstly, you're more likely to be tired, and it's true what our parents told us, things actually do seem bloody awful when we're tired, cliched as it may sound! Second, if you're on meds, it may be a while since you took them. Third, some of us are on our own in the evenings, without much to keep our minds busy, so we tend to worry about things, and anxiety etc. creeps up.

I don't know whether any of the above applies to you, but they're just my thoughts on it.

Stay safe,

Victoria

Hi Victoria,

Thanks for your thoughts.

Yep, I can see that everything you said makes sense.

The pain is always so much worse from 6pm onwards. I hate the evenings and the night-time. Between 11am and 6pm, things are so much more bearable!!!

Thanks

I often feel loads worse when i am tired, as Vicky said things seem worse when your tired. Maybe you could discuss medication with dr see if any way it could be arranged to try and stop the dip in the evening.

Also :welcomeani: Hope you like it here!

Tory

i dont kno if this helps but wen i can concentrate long enough i read at night to keep myself from focusing on myself.i hav to keep busy or im my own worst enemy.good luck!

Hi Tory and Amber

Thanks for your replies. I'm going to try to get an appointment with the doctor this week to discuss these things. I know that if I am not occupied then I am my own worse enemy, but when I am tired (which I seem to be by 6pm), then it is so hard to distract myself and keep busy.

Thanks for the welcome too.

Archived