Mental Health Forums

Feeling Down

Katherine

Just needing to write, not to feel alone. I was fine this morning, did all my Christmas shopping today. That felt good and I was calm and connected when out.

Since I've been home tho I've been feeling down. My period started at 2am, and for once its not body wrenchingly painful-at least not yet. But I just feel so flat and low and restless.

Its so cold here. I put the heat on an hour ago but I'm still sat here with a blanket round me, and the skin on my fingers is wrinkly and dry from the cold and I feel grotty.

Ok, so its dinner time now then after I'll work with my dreams, see if I can find anything that lifts me there. I hope so.

I'm feeling lonely, so I guess I'm whingeing. I need to make sens of how I feel.

lorna

You aren't whiney. You are tired and cold and I'm glad you posted. Nice that your shopping is done. Just getting your period is wearing on you physically and emotionally, so no wonder after being out in the cold, toting bags around that you'd be depleted and flat. Get warm in a tub or whatever, snuggle with someone if you can, eat something hot. Find a nice show on TV or a good movie. Read. Go to sleep. Sleep. Sleeeep. (I'm doing the wicked witch of the west impression) Sleeeep.

XX Ann

Lorna - you arent whinging - this place is for exactly how you feel - and you used it.....

((((((((Lots of hugs))))))) (hope it warms you up a bit) , and sorry about the period - bloody thing!!!!!! Take care sweetie

Ginny :)

I know how you feel Lorna because I feel the same way but I keep telling myself that things will get better eventually. I think about the people who care about me and it helps a little.

Baila

Just needing to write, not to feel alone. I was fine this morning, did all my Christmas shopping today. That felt good and I was calm and connected when out.

Since I've been home tho I've been feeling down. My period started at 2am, and for once its not body wrenchingly painful-at least not yet. But I just feel so flat and low and restless.

Its so cold here. I put the heat on an hour ago but I'm still sat here with a blanket round me, and the skin on my fingers is wrinkly and dry from the cold and I feel grotty.

Ok, so its dinner time now then after I'll work with my dreams, see if I can find anything that lifts me there. I hope so.

I'm feeling lonely, so I guess I'm whingeing. I need to make sens of how I feel.

lorna

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

thanks all...your messages cheered me up...was at work all day so couldn't get online until now. And I'm glad I posted too, because it did help, acknowledging my feelings outloud as it were. And I got an amazing (tho painful)insight into the dream last night.

...As for last night's---no wicked witches, justa few very supportive therapists actually.... :) :) :)

Today the heat's now been on so far 2 hours (since I got in from work) its still very chilly....2 hotwater bottles are however in the bed!!!!

Tomorrow I see my friend, and she left a message on my mobile today to say not to eat much before I came over, as she's cooking a full Christmas lunch for us---chicken, pud, the works.....I could of cried when I heard it....

And, yeah, I'm feeling up and down because Monday is one of my therapy days, but its the break. And yeah, feling flat after xmas shopping---coming back to an empty flat (flatmates in India from Nov until March), cold.....tired....(one trip to Primark and back, then out on the train again to a decent Sainsbury's....)

I got 4 videos out today--I can rent them for free from the library where I work.

Am seeing the doc tomorrow just to check in cos she asked me last week if I was on my own over the holiday, and she suggested I saw her to see how things are.

btw, efexor, ibuprofen and lots of chocolate don't mix too well----its not dangerous, but I have felt wierdly hyper and zoned out today. Tho strangely only needed 4 ibuprofen this month, usually I get through most of a packet of 12 each month.........

o, and lostsoul, my mum always did the soak in hot water and salt or biotex for that kind of thing, or there's that stuff called Vanish, a stain remover...(could do with zapping that at some of my thoughts and feelings at times.....)

ok, NOW I'm gonna go to bed, soon....

love,

lorna

Archived