Mental Health Forums

A Bit Self-love

InnerPeace

I was really impressed with myself that I'd organised my daughter's tap and modern dance classes and being on a Saturday means I'm in control of it all and being in the mother role rather relying on my mother to take her etc.

Well, I had a brilliant idea...there's a beauty place down the road from the dance school and during next week's dance class I've booked myself in for a massage! Wow!

Nice one IP. I think you deserve to spoil yourself and have a nice relaxing and soothing massage. I usually fall asleep during a massage, apart from a Thai massage I had once, it fixed my back after a speedboat accident but by crikey there was no way I was nodding off during that one.

Enjoy!

x

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks Ruth. The massage I had was great and I'm going for another today. Also, I was missing my favourite truffles...couldn't find them in the shops so I looked on the internet and ordered some! They came in a beautiful box and I felt so special receiving them...it didn't matter that I had ordered them myself...I don't have to wait for someone else to do these things for me...I can take owndership and responsibility for my own happiness.

It's working too..I met someone just before Christmas who is turning out to be the most considerate person, no one has ever done nice little things for me before as he is doing and that reflects the fact that I've never done those things for myself before but am now. What we send out really is reflected back to us.

Archived