Mental Health Forums

2 Near Death Experiences And A Tragedy

Vorpalblade

OMG what a day!

on the way to work this morning, i was battling the motorway in the wind and rain, came off unscathed. Then in the last little bit towards school i was just before a bus stop where some of our kids were stood when a girl went flying into the air..the white van next but one in front of me had knocked her over. cue police, ambulance, long line of traffic. The last i heard the girl is alive but i kknow nothing else.

then on the way home at lunchtime, i was on the infamous windy M62 when a HGV that was travelling to the side of me and slightly in front all of a sudden got blown over, narrowly missing me, luckily it careered forwards not backwards towards me. i have no idea how the driver is. shall watch local news tonight.

then once off the motorway, working my way through the village when a huge oak tree becomes uprooted by the wind and falls straight into the road, right in front of me. i had to do an emergency stop and swerve at same time, kinda thing.

i am NOT going out again today. I need petrol but i fear for my life!!!

Anyone else had a scary day??

Sounds a nightmare of a day ..

You OK to go and get petrol though ... if you believe the bad things coming in threes that is .. you have had your 3 for today!! LOL

apparently, West Yorkshire were i am has had it the worst in the country. There have been 20 reported deaths due to weather today in the country and 16 of them are here.

omg you have had a scary day here we have had lots of uprooted trees but the worst we have recieved is a 3 hour power cut this afternoon. Glad you are okay blade maybe leave the petrol for today I think I would

Take care

got update from work.

the girl was one of our Yr 9s, age 13.

we don't know if she was messing about or if the wind blew her into the road, she was one of our naughty kids so it could be either....but more to the point, she is ok..broken bones, internal bleeding, but she's alright thankfully.

I got the overnight ferry to belfast on wed, and i was spose 2 get the ferry back last night, only the 10.30pm departure didn't arrive til 11. it was 2.30am b4 we left.

It was rough out there lol. i was rudely awoken by my bottle of pop landing on my head twice b4 a realised there was a drinks holder!

Archived