Mental Health Forums

Serqual (quetiapine) Help Needed

qeiane

Hi have been offered serqual today mainly for anxiety/insomnia issues........

anyway shrink wants me on 25mg morning and 25mg night just wondering if anyone else tried this and there own experiences.....also confused as want it for insomnia and he said 25mg will send me off to sleepy land but also wants to give me that dose morning too......wont i be a zombie in the day then???? and will it work at night then???? bit confused

basically coming off diazepam but was coming off too quickly and had huge set back so back on 5mg a day which ok isnt a lot but if it stops the shakes and insomnia etc etc

he wants me to start serquil whilst been weaned off diazepam but i said then i wont know which helps me sleep!!!!

more confused now than before saw him

Hiya,

For what its worth, I cant stand taking quetaipine ... I have been prescribed it by my psyc, but it just keeps me asleep, and makes me feel half dead. Just cant function at all if I take it.

I have just come off diazapam, and am on another anti depressant now which I am fine with, but quetaipine ....

I also found that if I took it at night like they say, then I was still half asleet the whole of the following day too ... like it never really left my system.

I can understand the trouble you are having. You have my sympathy.

Hiya,

For what its worth, I cant stand taking quetaipine ... I have been prescribed it by my psyc, but it just keeps me asleep, and makes me feel half dead. Just cant function at all if I take it.

I have just come off diazapam, and am on another anti depressant now which I am fine with, but quetaipine ....

I also found that if I took it at night like they say, then I was still half asleet the whole of the following day too ... like it never really left my system.

I can understand the trouble you are having. You have my sympathy.

im on 100mg seroquel and i dont find it all that sedating.. not nearly as much as respiridone or mirtazipine.

hmmm am already on mirtazapine 30mg for last 5 weeks......... thinking of saying yes to quetiapine but only taking the 25mg at night not in morning as well...... insomnia big issue for me and if that would help...... did you find any side effects or just that it made you sleep????? well scared of taking meds and get worked up already but this one looks like may help esp after stopping diazepam..........the thought of the insomnia returning is so scary

apparantly stopped too quickly went from 9mg to 1mg in eight days back on five which will be tappered off 1mg a week.....prob was not good idea as so tiny it hit me big....... they want me to start quetiapine either next week or week after.....

hmmm am already on mirtazapine 30mg for last 5 weeks......... thinking of saying yes to quetiapine but only taking the 25mg at night not in morning as well...... insomnia big issue for me and if that would help...... did you find any side effects or just that it made you sleep????? well scared of taking meds and get worked up already but this one looks like may help esp after stopping diazepam..........the thought of the insomnia returning is so scary

apparantly stopped too quickly went from 9mg to 1mg in eight days back on five which will be tappered off 1mg a week.....prob was not good idea as so tiny it hit me big....... they want me to start quetiapine either next week or week after.....

the seroquel gives me restlesss leg syndrome but i doubt u ll have that on such a low dose

I'm on Seroquel now.

I had stopped it because I was gaining weight but it's the only way I can get to sleep at night because the Remeron isn't working as well on it's own.

Seroquel works fine for me besides weight gain.

:/

Seroquel is quite sedating at first.. But after a few days to a week you will typically get tolerance to the sedating effects...

However the reason I used to take it was to feel sedated.. I prefer to feel sedated than really aggitated etc...

I started at 25mg and that REALLY sedated me at first... 4-5 weeks later I was on 400 mg a day and it didnt sedate me :)

It increase appetite, but not as much as zyprexa...

I will take neuroleptics for short term only because of side effects and the effects aren't beneficial enough.

I did a bad thing once... I am not usually so irresponsible.. but when the stuff first came out, i was at a friends house and they had all been doing speed (which i hate), injecting it.. They were all babbling on and on, so i got them to all take 1 x 100mg seroquel tablet...

About 2 hours later, they were *all* alseep, it was completely quite... Peace I thought. They were all fine next when they woke up (some time later)...

I realize in hindsight this is *not* a responsible thing to do, and I haven't done such a thing since... But i didnt care at the time... (I hadnt slept for about 28 hours- not drug related- and they were keeping me up).

Ivy,

I get restless legs with all the neuroleptics too (including the new atypicals).. however i dont just get it when sleeping, often when i am sitting. In bad cases even when I am standing.

Also zyprexa made my tongue feel "strange" and movement weird.. So I stopped taking it.

I dont take them anymore.

I would consider taking seroquel for a day or two when "extremely wound up and stressed" or going through my lack of sleeping perioids. I often go for several days averaging about 4.5 hours per night. At other times i go into periods where i tend to sleep 12-14 hours away of the day. This is all independent of medication. Haven't taken any recently. Doesn't help me. Dont believe any medication ever will.

I'm on quetiapine too, my dose is 175mg at night. I take it to help me deal with the voice which it doesn't even touch but it does make me sleep which helps. I used to be on repiradone <I know I 've spelt that wrong! which was great for the voice but gave me some nasty side affects so was changed to quetiapine, I've been on it for about 18 months now.

Ruth

I used to be on 1000mg of quetiapine per day. It zonked me out and I put weight on but it didn't keep me well. Voices and such. Am on respiridone now which works but has raised my prolactin levels....

good luck with the quetiapine,

Poodle

xx

Archived