Mental Health Forums

Xanax And Stronger Benzodiazepines.

CyberGenesis

Sorry I have posted so many topics.

But I thought before I would go to bed...

I would issue a definite warning:

Xanax and strong benzodiazepines are quite risky for people with borderline personality disorder to take, especially ones who enjoy the effects of depressants like alcohol.

They can cause the desire to take more and severe impairment of judgement, loss of memory, violent and dangerously self destructive behaviour.

This happened to me, and also my friend who has BPD. ALso my uncle made a very serious suicide attempt while taking Xanax and was in intensive care for 10 days. He is VERY lucky to have survived.

I have definately read that the litrature supports that such strong benzodiazepines such as Xanax often have serious adverse consequence for people with BPD.

I'd be very interested to hear if anyone else with BPD has got out of control with these tablets. I personally think they should be banned except under strict supervision when rationed out by another person.

My cousin also took a heap of these tablets and nearly did himself in (though he doesnt have BPD and was fine on them for 6 months until he decided he could have more at once).

The 2mg Xanax tablets are of particular concern. Xanax is around 5 times as potent as valium.

I think Benzo's and BPD generally equals: PROBLEM.

Good night!

Archived