Mental Health Forums

Do U Ever Feel U R Losing Ur Mind?

lostsoul

this may seem like a very very silly question... but does anyone else here ever really think they are going mad, losing their mind, losing so much control that you fear you might just slip away into the backroom of your mind, never to return?

when you feel the pain and the confusion pushing at you, willing you, packing out your head till you can feel this pressure, a sensation a bit like mind static, and you are caught within it all and start to get scared your head might just melt?>

I have felt it more like fragmenting, falling into pieces, crumbling, falling into a black void of anxiety and terror where I can do nothing else to save me but lose myself.

But I usually come back.

I do my best now to reach out for contact with another before I have started to fall away. I suppose its more like dissociation, disappearing.

lorna

yes.... and you cant think about anything else because of that fear of going mad and all you symptoms get worse and it just goes round and round in you head. the more you fear it the worse it gets

bets

when you feel the pain and the confusion pushing at you, willing you, packing out your head till you can feel this pressure, a sensation a bit like mind static,->

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Exactly, especially the pain and confusion pushing at me. But also, shattering inside. I remember when therapy was terminated with my last therapist, I felt I could see physical shattering inside myself.

have you heard

..where is my mind by the pixies..

Stop

With your feet on the air and your head on the ground

Try this trick and spin it, yeah

Your head will collapse if there's nothing in it

And you'll ask yourself

Where is my mind? Where is my mind? Where is my mind?

Way out in the water, see it swimming

.....not waving but drowning...

now why didn't I say THAT to my group therapist who thought I'd been 'acting out'??????

THAT'S what acting out is, not waving but drowning.

oh god, ANOTHER painful insight....

Thankfully I'm floating today. just.

l.

also i think theres a bit in zen and the art of motorcycle maintenance where he loses his mind and the way he describes it is mighty familiar..he kind of thinks himself into oblivion.

this may seem like a very very silly question... but does anyone else here ever really think they are going mad, losing their mind, losing so much control that you fear you might just slip away into the backroom of your mind, never to return?

when you feel the pain and the confusion pushing at you, willing you, packing out your head till you can feel this pressure, a sensation a bit like mind static, and you are caught within it all and start to get scared your head might just melt?>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

feel like i'm losing my mind the majority of the time,so your not alone

This past month and a half I feel like I am a prisoner inside my mind trying to escape and everytime I am about to break free I fail to. I feel like I trapped inside a tornado of my own fears thats keeps circling and spinning around and around picking me off the ground and just throwing me around in circles. Although I am not a prisoner I just have not found the right path to freedom yet. If I fight hard enough I will break free from this set of chains holding me back. The key is right infront of me but I cannot seem to reach it. I just need reach out a little further to grab that key to liberate myself from the past and my fears in order to find the right path. When I find my ticket to freedom I refuse to look back. For now its a struggle to break free but soon enough I will grasp that key and escape from the dark dreary depths of my mind!

Baila

• 2 weeks later...

Yes often, tho not so much as I did when I first got ill, when I just simply thought I was going off my head and would never get better....would be lost forever....very scary space to be in.

Answering the question in a more serious vein. Some past reflections.

Stuck between sanity and insanity.Impaled on the barb wire-laughing as the jagged edges rip silent tears from my eyes.

How long can one wear the corset of reason before the eyes break and the layer of madness spread in all directions like melting ice cream.

Why do i feel that insanity is just round the corner waiting to engulf me? That my sanity is nothing more than a mirage that i have created and that is ready to disappear at any moment.

I envy those people who are so sure of their sanity. I have such doubts such great doubts

and sometimes i feel so frightened.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

totally with you on this one!!!!! It kind of feels like your brain is resonating at such a high frequency that, just like you say, all the bits that hold it together will snap and break and the unknown thing that is fundamentally "you" will just vanish into the void.

With you all the way my friend, i call my Bipolar friend and tell him i need someone to talk bollox to me, and he does!! He knows he needs to engage me enough to keep my attention, but to keep it simple - he can do it because bi polar has some parallels with BPD and many of the coping strategies cross over - I've found it so so helpful having a friend like that.........you got any coping strategies or do you just ride the wave and see where you end up?

strategies to cope? ha! nope.

if i did, life sure would be easier. i usually get angry and try to smash things up or hurt myself. or get pissed up first, and then do those things.

going for a walk is sometimes useful, but thats as close as i come to a peaceful solution.

Yes. If I get really stressed my mind kind of switches off. It's like a record slowing down and stopping; everything goes muffled and it's like I'm a different, little tiny person inside my own head who can't really see or hear what's going on outside.

I get the shakes and have to sit down and just stare at the floor for a while. Slowly my mind comes back, but afterwards I am really really tired and generally need to sleep for an hour or two. I do sometimes fear it'll switch off and not restart :unsure:

Archived