Mental Health Forums

Random Venting

Alexa

Being born into a human body is like being born into a prison cell. You wake up each morning, try to get on with your life, but all the time you have this feeling- is this it? Is this really it? This ugly body, this dull noise? Worry worry worry. Work husband kids dead. And that's if you're lucky! I mean, that's what people actually want out of life! And if you're not so lucky then it's booze drugs dead. I mean, who cares? you know? You know what I mean?

Hey Lorna,

I am with you there! No man in my life, no kids, and right now no work. Actually only men that wants sex with me but thats not happening.

Not that a boyfriend will save me from my problems but I want the companionship. I am so picky though.

yes, living in a prison cell

there is only one escape, which once made, cannot be known

the source of so much of my heartache

I agree that it sucks. i don't want kids because even though i would like kids i think it would be the nastiest thing i could do, create more life. But that's just me. It's not a fact of life or anything and i hope that doesn't piss people off to hear. I would never think anyone was a bad person for having children. Who knows I may even have kids. But I hope I don't.

I do not want kids because I am too afraid I will end up like my mother or grandmother. I know I could probably break the cycle but I am not 100% sure.

yes, living in a prison cell

there is only one escape, which once made, cannot be known

the source of so much of my heartache

I agree that it sucks. i don't want kids because even though i would like kids i think it would be the nastiest thing i could do, create more life. But that's just me. It's not a fact of life or anything and i hope that doesn't piss people off to hear. I would never think anyone was a bad person for having children. Who knows I may even have kids. But I hope I don't.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't see the point in having kids when there are loads of kids already born who have no family, no one. But I don't disagree with people having kids at all.

I feel the same way Punk does about having kids (though I do have two). It seems that there are so many people, not just kids, but so many people hurting and needing in the world that we really should be putting energy there.

It makes me think of people who raise purebred or will only buy purebred dogs. I just don't feel that they are dog lovers if they don't adopt at least one from a shelter.

However-Punk, I have to say it. Yes, many things would be better than this, but so many other things could be worse. I really could be worse for almost all of us. It makes me feel better to think that way, because I can't bear to think of you in a situation that just couldn't be worse.

(((((((((((((((PUNK))))))))))))))))

yeah i would adopt in a second. mike is all ' i want my genes to continue '

i'm like, who cares about your genes? we are all so similar anyway, get over yourself, you're nothing special!!!

kids out there need good homes. and the best part is, you are not responsible for their existence so they can never blame you for it lol and by adopting you really are becoming special, something your genes can never give you

rant rant rant

In college I researched and did a presentation on Brazilian Street Children. After finding out about the amount of poverty and children living on the streets I have always wanted to adopt a child from Brazil. Maybe I eventually will when I am financially and mentally set.

Baila

yeah i would adopt in a second. mike is all ' i want my genes to continue '

i'm like, who cares about your genes? we are all so similar anyway, get over yourself, you're nothing special!!!

kids out there need good homes. and the best part is, you are not responsible for their existence so they can never blame you for it lol and by adopting you really are becoming special, something your genes can never give you

rant rant rant

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Day know what Ver? You're totally right, couldn't be more right in fact. And that makes me feel worse, not because you said it, but because it's in my opinion an awful truth, for me personally anyway because the fact that I hate being here, being me at the moment makes me feel so selfish knowing there are people who have absolutely nothing, people in 3rd world countries who have no food and no families. I mean why should I feel this shit, hate my life when there are people far worse off than me?

Because I am a shit person that's why and I don't deserve any of the good things I have and would share them out to you lot if there was possible because I am not worthy of it, of anything and wish it would go away because then there would be nothing to keep me here.

((((((punk)))))

---

I wouldn't want to have a child because I wouldn't want to put it through-potentially-what I went through when I was born, I wouldn't want to go through it either.

But then I'm unlikley to have a child anyway because I'm 34, never had a man, never trusted men, wouldn't want to end up with one like my father, and biological clock and all that.

used to really upset me, but right now I just want to focus on having meaningful friendships and connections with people, and to trust.

lorna

Lorna...you are so awesome!! You seem like a great person and I am sure that you will find someone. You are still young. I know how you feel though. I have never had a long term relationship it seems that guys only want me for sex and I do not even sleep around but I give my heart out and it gets stomped on but its hard because I am always seeking true love. Will I ever find it? Sometimes I get so depressed about it. In reality I think I am not unattractive and I am not a big fat freak so why can't I find someone? I am always questioning why its so hard for me to meet someone.

Many of my friends (girls) are in relationships and I never see them because they make the relationship top priority. I have many guy friends but I am not interested in them as anything other than friends except one guy. His recent rejection destroyed me after we brought our friendship to another level. I was in love with this guy! We are still friends but it still hurts.

Baila

---

I wouldn't want to have a child because I wouldn't want to put it through-potentially-what I went through when I was born, I wouldn't want to go through it either.

But then I'm unlikley to have a child anyway because I'm 34, never had a man, never trusted men, wouldn't want to end up with one like my father, and biological clock and all that.

used to really upset me, but right now I just want to focus on having meaningful friendships and connections with people, and to trust.

lorna

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Day know what Ver? You're totally right, couldn't be more right in fact. And that makes me feel worse, not because you said it, but because it's in my opinion an awful truth, for me personally anyway because the fact that I hate being here, being me at the moment makes me feel so selfish knowing there are people who have absolutely nothing, people in 3rd world countries who have no food and no families. I mean why should I feel this shit, hate my life when there are people far worse off than me?

Because I am a shit person that's why and I don't deserve any of the good things I have and would share them out to you lot if there was possible because I am not worthy of it, of anything and wish it would go away because then there would be nothing to keep me here.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

but the truth is no one deserves anything..good or bad. we're all born the same and none of us chose to be born and none of us deserve whatever upbringing we had. see thats the tragedy of it all...its utter meaninglessness. if someone out there loves their life i would gladly give them all my time and energy because it means nothing to me and never will.

i often think "it should have been me" when someone dies suddenly and young, because i couldnt care less. NOT because i deserve bertter..its just that there is no reason for me to live.

i think people should use the word DESERVE very carefully. and i think if people love you and you love them, you have a reason to live.

Archived