Mental Health Forums

What I have seen so far.

wabbit

I have been going through the site like someone possessed. :rolleyes: This is what I have seen and this is what I like.

I like the phrase Mental Health, rather than mental illness. We are mentally ill, we have the right to be mentally healthy. BPD is an illness, it isnt who we are as whole people, just a very small part. Yet I know we can allow it to take over our lives, sometimes as a choice, sometimes not. Yet we have the power to overcome it. I have known about my BPD for 3 years and although I have come along way, I still have much further to go, and thats OK.

Staying positive, can only help in our recovery, its not easy I know. For some of us our lives are lived a minute at a time, taking baby steps, but at least they are steps. Someone told me once that we sometimes have to take dance steps, a step off to the side, but nevertheless it is a step, a very important step because at least we are moving.

I call BPD the "bastard BPD" (hope I can say that) it robs us of our lives, and the lives of those we love. We have the right to fight it and win, just like Ginny said. We have the right to be in recovery.

Recovery should be the aim of this website, it is a noble goal, a goal that can be attained by all of us. Even YOU!

• 4 weeks later...

Archived