Mental Health Forums

New And In Need Of Advice

Chaos

Good Evening All,

I'm new and I need advice. My husband and I recently moved to Georgia. We have no health insurance and don't qualify for state aided health insurance. I was diagnosed 3 years ago as BPD/SI. I was on medication for awhile. Now that I've moved, I have no medication and no means to remain on it. Does anyone have any advice as to how I could get back on it and continue to see a therapist?

I welcome any suggestions.

Thank you,

Chaos

Chaos,

i am in KS so i am not sure about what they have in Georgia. You should try and look in the phone book for a county mental health service. often even if you don't qualify for other things you might qualify for it, at least on a sliding fee scale. Some churches have peer councelors, this may not be the best thing for therapy but might help with day to day problems. If it is a big enough city they may have a clinic at the university where students see ppl as part of their practicum.

i know these aren't ideal but might help some.

As to medication, have you tried doing an interntet search for free+medication. YOu might find something this way. I don't know what meds you are on but if you get seen through the county sometimes they have meds they dispense for free.

good luck... i hope you find something.

bets

Chaos,

Hello from New York! Have you looked into Medi Caid? You may qualify for it. I am not sure if thats a New York thing but I am sure other states have similar insurance. Maybe go to a clinic or hospital I think they offer free counseling. If not then speak to someone about your problem and I am sure they can give you some advice.

Baila

Chaos,

i am in KS so i am not sure about what they have in Georgia.  You should try and look in the phone book for a county mental health service.  often even if you don't qualify for other things you might qualify for it, at least on a sliding fee scale.  Some churches have peer councelors, this may not be the best thing for therapy but might help with day to day problems.  If it is a big enough city they may have a clinic at the university where students see ppl as part of their practicum.

i know these aren't ideal but might help some.

As to medication, have you tried doing an interntet search for free+medication.  YOu might find something this way.  I don't know what meds you are on but if you get seen through the county sometimes they have meds they dispense for free.

good luck... i hope you find something.

bets

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Archived