Mental Health Forums

Its All About Meeeeee

wabbit

My name is Sandra, although I live in the US, I am actually English. I was dragged up in Warrington Cheshire. The root of my Mental health issues is the fact that my mum died when I was 10 yrs old. As well as abuse, you all know the list.

I have been married to Michael for 13.5 yrs. I have had therapists tell me that I cant be BPD cause I have been married so long. I am just very fortunate, I married a very good man. Something that BPDs cant relate to is that someone loves them, I KNOW Michael loves me, and that helps, alot.

I have a psychiatrist, I have a therapist, I am supposed to be on meds but I ferget to take them, is that dumb? They wanna put me back on meds, but I am fighting it very loudly. I have been doing OK without them.

My official diagnosis is Major depression, PTSD and BPD, along with diabetes and anemia. I have been hospitalized several times. Before I left California 14 months ago, I organised a Peer support group at the hospital that I frequented. I visit when I can, they are doing great things. I am very proud of them.

Wabbit

Wabbit,

you can at least have major depression with bpd tendencies and childhood trauma and be married for 37 years. i did. they say he loves me... unfortunately he is an extreame introvert and doesn't show it. tells me he can't learn how to show it.. seems i must do all the learning (of course i have bpd traits so i can't judge the real situation.. or at least distrust myself and others don't trust me either)

gosh this started out to be a word of encouragement for u and ur marriage and disintegrated somewhere along the way.... sorry

Hey u left california... where do u live now? it'd be way cool if it was Kansas (only because i am here.. not because ks is cool!)

anyway welcome from another recent bpd joiner suprise

Welcome!

Occasionally the professionals can be incorrect with their ideas about us, I mean after all they don't know us like we know ourselves. I just think that maybe on this occasion if it is making you feel worse, come to your own conclusions. Being married for so long surely is fantastic so something is going right for you, so focus on that!

hey wabbit

my dad was born in warrington but defected to yorkshire when he married my mum.

about the loving part, i met a friend on another web site in february last year and although it has been a rocky road sometimes i know she loves me and i know that she would never do anything intentionally to hurt me. when i am with her i feel the love which is so important because i grew up in an environment where love was showered on my siblings but missing where i was concerned.

flippy

Archived