Mental Health Forums

Feeling Sad And Weepy

Katherine

I wasn't going to go online until later today, but I feel really sad and weepy. I'm 'fine' and then it hits me again like this....I guess I have to accept that I am really depressed, right?

Am seeing the doctor later for a check in , and back to work tomorrow (just for a day then back on Tues)which hopefully will take my mind off this---its worse generally when I am alone.

Hey, I've just written a load of rambling stuff, but it was important to me to talk about this.

lorna

(little girl self actually wants to be called 'lora' now---not sure why....)

Lorna,

On NY I am usually alone and I cannot even sign to BPDWorld where I am living so sometimes it helps reading a good book. Something that you really enjoy reading. Maybe a romance, comedy, thriller(maybe not( sel-help, autobiography, inspirational, psychological. I love reading inspirational book because it helps me to think about ways to improve my own life. Last book I read was "Sybil" and I just became lost in the reading and read for two days straight without thinking about anything or the fact I was alone.

Feel better sweetie..

Baila

(((Lora))))

Depression is soul destroying. Remember its not your fault.The best thing you can do is be kind and gentle to yourself. Give yourself time to sleep and rest and let out what ever you need to.

Make sure you talk to your doc about it though.

Take care hun.

L

xxxx

thanks Baila and Lorna.....

me, read something not psychological.....hm... :) (Is that ever possible, I wonder!!!!!) No, actually I'm reading the Jean Auel Earth's Children books right now (in between The noonday demon, A bright red scream, Transforming depression etc.....)and they are really good!

The doc said I coped well with how I managed my dreadful anxieties about my flatmates on monday, she says I am managing well. I guess I am. And I AM better than I was a month ago. Have just been on my own for, this is the 5th day....I might phone my friend later, see if she's in, she's been housesitting the past few days.

Right now I'm off to the shops to treat myself....I think I deserve it!

Will rest this pm---will try not to sleep cos I couldn't get to sleep last night, and I have to get up at 6.30 in the morning :(

Thanks again.

lora

If it helps keep writing, we will keep reading.

Are there any old films on tv you could watch, get wrapped up in a blanket on the sofa with a cup of hot chocolate or tea and just take it easy.

i really hope you feel better soon

((((lorna))))

and hugs for the little one too (((lora)))

flippy

thanks flippy, I may take up the writing lots later.....stuff from my dream last night, I need to get it off my chest....

sadly we don't have a sofa(my flatmates are yoga enthusiasts) but I DO have a couple of videos I haven't seen yet..may try those, or, kids TV!!!!

lora says thanks for the hugs too....

lora-lorna

kids tv is so cool, i have a 4 year old nephew and we watch loads together, i like rugrats and he likes scooby doo which i have to say is not my favourite. my niece is 9 weeks old and at present will watch anything, she does rather like the tweenies but we have had talks about that :)

take care

flippy

Archived