Mental Health Forums

Yes, It Is A Good Day

lloydy

hi all, just wanted to share a litle with you all.

i reecently applied for a job as a prison officer. they recieved in excess of 800 applicants. any way, i was incvited to attend a 2 1/2 hour exam on monday this week. half way through the exam i suddenly realised, shit, i must be getting so much better as here i am, 3 hours from home sitting an exam! there is no way that i could have put myself through this a few months ago.

any way, started today off feeling lost and useless then recieved in the post that i had pasted the exam and now more on to the next part of thier recruiment process.

feeling pretty positive now so the whole point of all this rambling is to remind/ assure some of you that things really can improve.

good luck to you all

lloydy

That is really good news Lloydy....I wish you all the very best with the next part of the application process. What does it involve and when do you need to attend?

You deserve lots of attention to this post :D

Congratulations.

Jane :)

Lloydy thats great, thanks for sharing this with us. Well done on passing the exam and being on to the next stage that must be a great sense of acheivement in itself and its good you can recognise how far you have come. Big pat on the back for you. I was thinking about you the other day, wondering how you were getting on with your counselling course?. I got my certificiate through to say i had passed the introductory level 2 course that i did and it made me wonder how your course was going.

Take care of yourself and well done, keep at it all and you will get where you want to be eventually, it all just takes time ah?

xxx

Hey Lloydy, well done mate, thats brilliant. I bet thats really given a boost to your confidence; first, getting to and doing the exam, now hearing that youve passed it! Well done for not copping out, these job processes can be really daunting.

Really pleased for you, I hope you have a lovely day today, it will be well-deserved

TC

rebeccaborderline

hi guys, thanks for your comments.

hey nutty well done for passing your second pass of the course and thanks for thinking of me.

well i'm really enjoying the course, though i have to be careful what i say in the role play scenarios. i don't think that they would appriciate hearing that i often wish i was dead!

are you going to do the diploma aprt next?

as for the job application process, i have to travell to birmingham thurdsay 8th march. there will be a 2 hour 1 on 1 role play situation which is being filmed and monitored by other people in another room. i'm excited as i'm just so pleased that i feel up to it.

as for work and troubles with my business partner, we are going to mediation on the 19th march so hopefully things will get sorted out then.

thamks again for the replies and i hope that you are all having a good day!!

love and light

lloydy

Archived