Mental Health Forums

What Is Your Emotional Intelligence?

samsung

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got 78

There's some bad news and some good news. The bad news is that your Emotional IQ is relatively low. In a practical sense, this means that you are not reaching your full potential. Low EIQ has a negative impact on all aspects of life such as relationships, your emotional health and level of motivation. As a result of your behavior, others may view you as being critical, inexpressive, inhibited, detached, cold, or even condescending. Your difficulties relating to others and dealing successfully with your own emotions may have a negative impact on your health; people with lower EIQs are prone to anxiety, depression, excessive guilt, aggressiveness, low self-concept, and stress-related problems. Chances are that you also have difficulty bouncing back from life's problems. Now for the good news: by learning and practicing new skills and more effective ways of dealing with people, you can significantly improve your EIQ. The benefits will be numerous, including stronger relationships, a more successful career and better health. Most of all, you will be an all-around happier person.

:mellow: OMG just scored 72! But I don't have BPD? Been told by everyone I don't need any help! Flip................. will contact GP?

Thanx Rachel! You are a star! :lol:

104 - average

comment read : could do better, lol

when i was depressed i would have bombed out on that score

it shows you that getting better makes you more emotionally intelligent, but not necessarily through lots of hard work. if i came off my anti-depressants i would score a 50 for sure

so what is the test really saying?

i don't think EIQ is measurable like IQ, in that there are definite limits to IQ, but with EQ, i think there is more potential fo flexibility in terms of 'ability'

just my take

i wouldn't take it too seriously - people with low scores now might be higher flyers next year

xx losty xx

i guess i could of been more positive or actually answerd more truthfully lol but what you expect from a crap night hehe

94 ... not really suprising?? I just lack skills in identifying my own emotions and trying not to dwell on my problems??

eek!

Archived