Mental Health Forums

What Is Your Emotional Intelligence?

samsung

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got 70, and am in a good mood, lol. No surprise, really, as soon as I had of heard of and understood the concept of emotional intelligence I knew that I had a "learning disability". My best strategy to deal with complex emotional situations is to think of people as dogs, ie trainable with carrots and sticks. So i reward good behaviour and ignore someone with bad behaviour...Everything else is pretty much beyond me :lol: . Oh dear...

Is there an EIQ test that starts with those coloured wooden bricks that you just pile up on top of each other? I'd be good at that.

Dxx

and the thingy says "...your ability to relate to others, express your needs, and maintain a satisfactory level of emotional health."

:lol: pmsl. Damn I wish I'd known that before I went into hospital, I could have saved myself a few euros!

Hmmm...just been thinking about this test whilst having a cigarette outside & I've come to the conclusion that it isn't very representative of Borderlines.

I know that most of my friends would consider me to have a very high level of emotional intelligence & I'm the first person they usually come to when they have a problem thats affecting them emotionally - I just can't apply the same level of logic to my own problems.

• 3 weeks later...

Your score = 90

What does your score mean?

Your Emotional IQ is in the average range. Essentially, you're able to recognize and deal with your own emotions and those of others in a reasonably effective manner. This is likely evident in your ability to relate to others, express your needs, and maintain a satisfactory level of emotional health. Since your score is in the mid-range, however, you are not taking full advantage of your potential. By learning and practicing new skills and more effective ways of dealing with people, you could increase your EIQ. After all, we can always improve our communication, ways of relating to others and resilience. The benefits will be numerous, including stronger relationships, a more successful career and better emotional health. Most of all, you will be an all-around happier person.

This is about right, as I have good days and bad days, up and down like a flippin' rollercoaster!

G

Your score = 90

Your Emotional IQ is in the average range. Essentially, you're able to recognize and deal with your own emotions and those of others in a reasonably effective manner. This is likely evident in your ability to relate to others, express your needs, and maintain a satisfactory level of emotional health. Since your score is in the mid-range, however, you are not taking full advantage of your potential. By learning and practicing new skills and more effective ways of dealing with people, you could increase your EIQ. After all, we can always improve our communication, ways of relating to others and resilience. The benefits will be numerous, including stronger relationships, a more successful career and better emotional health. Most of all, you will be an all-around happier person.

Results of the Emotional IQ Test

Emotional IQ

Your score = 69

What does your score mean?

There's some bad news and some good news. The bad news is that your Emotional IQ is relatively low. In a practical sense, this means that you are not reaching your full potential. Low EIQ has a negative impact on all aspects of life such as relationships, your emotional health and level of motivation. As a result of your behavior, others may view you as being critical, inexpressive, inhibited, detached, cold, or even condescending. Your difficulties relating to others and dealing successfully with your own emotions may have a negative impact on your health; people with lower EIQs are prone to anxiety, depression, excessive guilt, aggressiveness, low self-concept, and stress-related problems. Chances are that you also have difficulty bouncing back from life's problems. Now for the good news: by learning and practicing new skills and more effective ways of dealing with people, you can significantly improve your EIQ. The benefits will be numerous, including stronger relationships, a more successful career and better health. Most of all, you will be an all-around happier person.

80. It shocks me a little because people always tell me I'm so sensitive and react strongly to other people's feelings and always know when something is wrong and can be there for other people, but it seems like that doesn't have to do that much with emotional intelligence. It seems like emotional intelligence is rather the ability to cope with one's own feelings and problems. :mellow:

Archived