Mental Health Forums

What Will I Do?

LadyMacbeth

I am under my father's insurance for school and he told me that it runs out in Jan. and thats probably why I should not go on medication or see my therapist anymore. My sessions only run me about 10 dollars because of insurance and now a session will run me over one hundred dollars a week. So I really don't know what the hell I am going to do about this. Its impossible I will find a full-time job in the next few days that has benefits. I am freaking out about this. This is probably one of the reasons why I have cenceled so many appts. with my therapist because I have been through three in 5 years and not for any negatives reasons just because I left school. So if this is the case I may have to move back to my dad's and change therapist but I am here right now and I am not doing any better because to many things here are triggering my depression and anxiety and atleast in NY I am not a recluse. But, I cannot stop seeing a therapist when I am getting worse. I don't think my father knows but I am going to have a long talk with him but he just doesn't listen. But, if I turn insane then I guess he will have to.

I am not sure what to do.

Baila

Hey,

Ok.hmmm a few thoughts ( I hope)

* Talk to your father like you say. See if he will cover some kind of insurance for you. Maybe just untill you find a job and can pay yourself?

*Talk to your therapist. See if she would be willing to cut some kind of deal with you. You really dont know untill you ask huh?

*Take a basic part time job for a while just to cover your therapy? There must be something out there that wont effect any other money you recive. Cleaning someones home? babysitting?

This is a hard situation - def talk to ur dad for sure - see what can be done cause u NEED ur Therpist -

**this brings up anger in me about the medical system in ur country - i mean here no matter how much $$ we have we have access to Dr and medical is free for most things if u are student or single parents even then its cheap and my psyc puts in on medicare - government incentive so i pay $0 to see him and hwen he has to charge its on my insuracne thats has NO CONNECTION to our Jobs, Schools WE PAY IT and its $40 every two week snad its reaonable nad fair for ALL CLASSES Rich or Poor - gosh it makes me mad that you have to even THINK Of the possiblity of Not having a Psyc(dr) when u need them and that $100 a week someone wants to charge u that, and that ur school/job dictates ur insurance - its mad -

I hope hope hope things work out for you and that u can talk to ur dad and sort something out -u DESERVE and NEED SUPPORT.

**If all else fails move to Australia!!!!!! LOL....

Hope its all gonna be Ok

Hugs Daisy.

Thanks so much for your support Daisy. I am sure something will work out. The healthcare system in this country is horrible! I worked in this hellish retail job for two and a half years and they finally puts me at full-time last may which entitles me to benefits...but guess when I am elijible? Next July, over a year of waiting. Now I have left that job because it was triggering my depression I would not have waited thst long anyway! I remember this British guy my dad knew over here cut his mouth on a can of soda and took a flight back to England to get stitches because its so f-ing expensive. I am going to call my health care provider tom. because I recall them telling me it runs out in March even though my dad is telling me Jan 1. So I am going to double check that. I will figure something out.

Love,

Baila

Archived