Mental Health Forums

Do U Care?

budgie

Have you ever felt helpless Budgie? Thats how I feel, helpless. there is not a damn thing I can do, even if I could fix this physically, give money, give food, etc, that still wouldnt be enough. I think it was not right of you to make us feel guilty for something that we have no control over. This is unfathomable. The numbers are still growing, and prolly still will for a while.

I understand that you may feel very isolated right now, but there is nothing we can do about this catastrophe. NOTHING! Yes we love you and that wont ever change. Yes we care. Ppl are angry cause you questioned their motives, and I think they have a right to be angry. I understand why you would feel isolated, I can tell you that I thought about you but didnt know what else to do. There goes that helpless thing again. What else can I tell ya bud? I am not perfect and neither is anyone else here, if they are like me they just didnt do anything, and that is our only fault.

Wabbit

i shud have kept quiet and keep my depression to myself

Don't be silly...We're always here if you need a shoulder to cry on, and corny as it may sound...that's what friends are for, innit??? :wub:

budgie,

you have experienced this tragedy much closer to home than most of us. You have been living it and seeing it and have not been able to escape it. You've had to suffer the agony of this on a much more personal level.

Alot of valid points have been raised. But don't feel you can't talk about what you're going through. You spoke initially out of that pain and depression, you were angry and rightly so. But as you've read, I think you're anger was misdirected. That's ok though, because when something like this happens, nothing makes sense! I hope you see that we all do care very much. It's so hard to communicate how much we care with something as huge and overpowering as this. It would be inhuman not to care. Please don't make yourself feel worse than you already do. This is still a safe haven.

c

claudine, is right bud. You have a right to be angry, but not at us. Even in your confusion and anger we still love you, I am glad that you can come here and express that anger and still be safe. I would hope that there is no animosity between members, I have faith that there isnt. We understand this isnt easy bud, you hang in babe we still loves ya.

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((BUD)))))))))))))))))))))

Wabbit

i tear when i read some of the posts...i feel hurt, but also m encouraged by others, by Ver, by Wab, By Eskimit........right fr the 1st sentence, I said I have no right, I do know, yes, it is exactly that i feel i belong that i am angry, yes, i am irrational, i wish i arent, i dont like it either, but we all know first hand, how keeping quiet when we yearn so much for others (who mean something to us) to jus say, or feel that they care enuf, to say something, which of course lostsoul DID start the thread on the matter, means a lot.....yet i dunno now, when i have ventured, where i stand.... i dunno..... u need not pity me, but jus asking, besides bpd and english, do u (as if u do , if u do....here comes the paranoid again...) know that i m alone here in south east asia, has been and still is? i m not in us, uk or europe, the majority of where u folks r, i do feel isolated ...... i dunno, and .... watever...... ;)

I understand you are alone and scared. When people tend to feel isolated they feel irrational and anxious. Also when people feel scared their defenses are heightened. You are not alone you have all of us and we are scattered all over the place.

Baila

I too, am isolated and alone - I live in Tasmania, the southernmost part of Australia - I have no family here at all.....They all live on the other side of the world.. I wish I had not vented quite so badly about your post budgie - but I cannot apologise for the way it made me feel. Also, if any of you didnt know, the earthquake in Asia was caused by a minor tremor we had off our Macquarie Island some days before - maybe it is my fault huh? Budgie, dont you leave this site - all of us need support and at this time you may need more than most. But, please see that we are all in terrible pain on the inside - and forcing people to an outpouring of sympathy for others we cannot help is unhealthy - we can only respond in our own ways... Please..... forgive my outburst but do not smooth over mine or others feelings, cos we are what we are. I DO feel for you (AND many other people in the world that have been struck by terrible tragedy-too many to list.) Be thankful, Budgie - that you are still with us....

Ginny :blink:

Budgie I'm so sorry.

Like Ann and Wabbit said, i too didn't have a clue that Sngapore is anywhere near where the earthquake happened and I am sorry.

Thinking of you now though

xxxx :wub:

budgie,

I was with my husband and inlaws on the 26th. We watch the news all day, and all the next. Just in shock, disbelief, most of the time in silence. I am current on the facts, I have seen the pictures, the devastation. What a horrible thing to have happened.

I haven't been coming here long, and don't know anyone well. I had no idea anyone was so close. How scary this must be for you. I'm in the US and have a very cold feeling deep within me when I think about all of those lives lost. I can't imagine what it must be like to be so close. I'm sure it is very difficult for you.

I think when you came here and you didn't see someone posting to you directly that may have hurt your feelings. Is that why you thought people didn't care? I'm sorry. I can't say I wouldn't have felt the same way. But now I hope you see that it wasn't because people didn't care. It was because nobody realized.

I am so glad you are safe, and I hope you are feeling better soon.

Take care

Amy

I care. And I understand the fear you have/had, because I have family in Sri Lanka at the moment. But I can see people's points that maybe sometimes we need to look after ourselves.

However I also see your point and this must be a massive, terrifying event for you, I'm glad you're still here. Please don't get offended, everyone can't agree all the time, but you should keep posting because that's what this is here for :)

Victoria

• 2 weeks later...

I care about what happened on that awful day. We can sit here on my side of the world (North America) in comfort while other parts of the world suffer. I care that a natural disaster so devastating killed and wounded so many. What's going to damning is that in the future to come is there are going to be hundreds of thousands that will suffer from post traumatic stress syndrome. That in itself is hell.

I have been very concerned. I have not voiced this on this web site but I have elsewhere. I have been involved in fund raising since it began....... I would clearly go over seas and volunteer my time if I were allowed. I am not able to get a security clearance.........for visa. Sooooooooo........ living here on l the east coast of the usa, we (my town) are gathering supplies/money for the relief efforts. My children are doing fund raisers. My oldest 12yr old son donated his entire bank account. Which was about $105.00. Big money for a kid.

Doesn't really matter where ya live............. it affects all of us. The death toll rises. Its absolutly horrible. It affects the entire world.

I am Buddhist........... it affects me personally.

Wisdom

Archived