Mental Health Forums

The Christian Bpd Forums...

Kelliemanic

I wish Christians would read their bible instead of blindly following church leaders.

I hate Christianity and Judaism because of Leviticus 20:13, Romans 1:26-27

I love Christians because most of them just blindly follow preachers, and never read the bible. Therefore they get the right message of being good to people. Sometimes. :mellow:

The Jews are god's "Chosen people" in the old testament, yet with John 14:6 Jesus condemns all orthodox Jews to eternal hell because Jesus isn't the "messiah" to most Jews. Explain that.

Maybe there is more than one god. ;)

/Polytheist

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Personally I would be very hesitant to join a forum that is about both religion and "mental illness"--just because they do somehow tend to draw those people who believe in things like exorcisms, that mental illness is some kind of "possession" or "punishment" etc.

A lot of "religious" people are totally clueless about mental illness--a lot of them seem to take whatever "knowledge" they have of it straight from the Bible, so they start talking about possession and exorcism and all that.

Well, I do not believe that exorcisms "cure" mental illness (or any other kind of illness for that matter), I do not believe that sick people (whatever the illness) are bad, or possessed, or anything like that.

But not all religious people--including Christians--hold those beliefs. In fact IMHO those kinds of beliefs are pretty primitive. After all, all of the books of the Bible were written hundreds if not thousands of years ago--long before people realized the true cause of illness--mental or otherwise.

But that doesn't mean that Christianity means nothing to me. It doesn't mean that I mock all Christians as ignorant, or primitive thinkers, or exclusionary.

I can point to things in any organization that will make it look pretty ugly. That doesn't mean that only the ugliness is real.

If people find comfort in their beliefs--as long as those beliefs don't harm others--I wouldn't deny them that. The world is hard enough without finding some kind of comfort to cling to.

And while yes, people have used the Bible to hurt other people (which I think is totally wrong), there are also people who have used the Bible to bring solace and comfort to people who are suffering.

Oh, and about people who died never hearing of Christianity and whether they are barred from heaven?

IMHO---NO!!!! How unfair would that be?!

I think that God loves us--ALL of us--and while I could be wrong, that belief comforts me. And I hope it comforts others too. :)

This thread is proving too triggering for me to read and I'm a christian! I didn't get past the second post actually, I stopped half way between it.

I suppose the only thing I really have to say is that Religion is man made and is not necessarily from God.

Jesus is Jesus he is not mans theology or misinterpretation of the scriptures. When you meet him... he's actually very different than you would expect based on what the world says he is.

I still believe he is the cure whether that is mumbo jumbo or not. Why? because my greatest source of healing is looking to Jesus... not religion, pastors, theology or churches... but directly to Him.

When all else is confusing to me... He makes sense. He understands when no one else does. (which is pretty much most of the time)

Paine.

Maybe somewhere on a BPD site there's a cure for christians!!

Hahahahahahahahaha..................I wish! :lol:

Well, I'm glad I made someone laugh............I thought my post was in vain!!

Archived