Mental Health Forums

Non Prescription Meds That Help

NotaGirl

Anyone find any non prescribed meds help

Personally i have found that I work really well with tamazipam and amphetamines but no doc on the planet will prescribe them - anyone find that they have certain things they have tried personally but they cant get on prescription

I know we have addictive personalities but I know when I took amphetamines people recall the time as one of the best they have had with me and loads of events that happened when I was on have the best memories and were the most productive - which is stunningly attractive - but I am being good :)

Anyone found similar .....???

This is perscription but I just wanted to say that I took a xanax and it really messed me up and it caused me major depression for 2 days - so I will not ever do that again!!!! -----I was taking 100mg zoloft too

its for anti-anxiety i took st. john's wort for a couple months and it messed me up too. AND I took Kava Kava (Herbal supplement) and it just made me feel weird and out of it.

i am on temazepan, but only take it if i have not slept for few nights,after my attack i could not sleep

in any way shape or form only catching half hour here and there

but moved on from that now and had been able to sleep every night til friday

the day of sentencing of the men that hurt me

but back to the sofa now and hoping the tele will send me to sleep

its not working,

hope you find something that works for you

xx jac xx

p.s back rescue remedy works a treat for me

they do diff ones for all types of problems

hope this helps

xx jac xx

Thanks

just wondering because I think we are the type that is likely to try stuff more than others and that can lead to problems and solutions, as well as frustrations :)

I don't use the Bach remedies but I do use another make called Healing Herbs and Bush. I have found them surprisingly good, subtle but effective.

Then there are complimentary therapies which aren't meds but have been very effective.

What have you found works best - as Im not a very complementary therapy kind of person.

I have only used herbal ephedrine (ma huang) and got massive sides of it that I dont get off its synthetic chemical cousin.

a good cuppa tea, quite strong, no sugar, bit of milk if youre putting the kettle on... :lol:

Honestly, since Ive given up the booze I drink gallons of tea (dont like carbonated drinks), but I dont worry, there are worse addictions; and I dont get all jittery on the caffeine on tea like I do with coffee.

I put a post somewhere, black tea now shown to significantly reduce stress hormones.....

rebeccaborderline

What have you found works best - as Im not a very complementary therapy kind of person.

I have only used herbal ephedrine (ma huang) and got massive sides of it that I dont get off its synthetic chemical cousin.

With the flower remedies you can look on the websites for bach and bush, they list the types and the mental states that go with them so you can see what fits for you. I'm a Centaury person as my boundaries aren't good and I'd take walnut as protection from the influence of others.

I'm into all sorts on the complimentary front. There are many different types of energy healing and it works directly at the level that we hold our "stuff" so it can be instant healing, I know a very good reiki healer who made a profound difference to my life in one 30 minute session. I would go to any other reiki healer, they do vary, can be done over distance though as energy has no bounds. Energy healing works on a molecular level, bringing healing Light into every cell (Univeral Life Force, love from God, however you wish to term it), the only limits to healing are the healers ability, the person's internal resistance or what is determined by God.

Also NLP is very good, again because it's working on a sub-conscious level. I had Timeline therapy which is part of NLP and that stopped me suddenly flipping into crisis mode and self-harming when just a little thing would go wrong. Again I had just one 2 hour session.

I'm also into crystals. This is vibrational healing. Everything has a certain vibration and that affects our energy system. Crystals will adjust our energies in different ways and bring about improvements in our health.

Plus I've read a brilliant self-help book on self acceptance/self-love called Setting Your Heart on Fire by Rapheal Cushnir.

2 other typres of energy work I've found very good are cranio-sacral therapy and Metamorphic Technique.

There are many about and it's a case of finding one that appeals to you. Go by feel because internally we know what we need. The caveat to that is we often resist what we know we need most!

a good cuppa tea, quite strong, no sugar, bit of milk if youre putting the kettle on... :lol:

Honestly, since Ive given up the booze I drink gallons of tea (dont like carbonated drinks), but I dont worry, there are worse addictions; and I dont get all jittery on the caffeine on tea like I do with coffee.

I put a post somewhere, black tea now shown to significantly reduce stress hormones.....

rebeccaborderline

I always wish I could remember where i read this, but according to what i read the chemical structure of caffine in tea is different to that in coffee as well as there actually being a lot less when its prepared - although in analysis of dry there can be more - when its made it doesnt make it to the final drink like it does with coffee.

But the chemical properties of caffine in coffe are more stimulant - i expect that the molecules are isomers and thus react different in the bodies

I know we have addictive personalities but I know when I took amphetamines people recall the time as one of the best they have had with me and loads of events that happened when I was on have the best memories and were the most productive - which is stunningly attractive

Went through a phase where used phets a lot and like you had same results but since i've slowed down on that particular drug have noticed that people have similar if not same response when im not taking and they think i am <_< Still take when need to push myself or have 'stressful' time ahead.

Also enjoy regular 'smoke' as helps keep me in a chiller mode :o .

Take my prescription drugs aswell but find a bit of what i fancy helps every now and again :P

Hey

I find star flower oil quite good its better then st johns wart. The only thing with both of these is your not meant to take them if you are on anti depressent medication.

Also I have found the occasional 'smoke' relaxes me helps me sleep. But its NOT something I would ever recommend to anyone!! No matter what people say it is addictive!

sunshinex

I haven't used ma huang, but have been a regular user of Ephedrine as a replacement for speed, which I used to use regularly in years gone by.

I have found that just Ephedrine on it's own is ok, but best taken as part of a ECA 'stack' which is a combo of Ephedrine, Caffeine, and Anadin (and other bits if you know ehat to look out for). Good while it lasts, and gives me the energy to get through the days that I really just want to spend under the duvet, but regular use over 6 months is risky, and the burn-out and come-down is a REAL bitch...

:sofa:

ECA - the bodybuilidinf fat burner stack of choice till the us banned eph.

Thanks - as you may have guessed know it well and been doing it for years

dont buy anadin - just get good old asprin does the trick as its the synergy of the 3 that makes it work.

:)

dont get crashes with it, but then again dont get much of a buzz of it either

• 3 weeks later...

Valium. Definitely. I wouldn't have survived without valium. It has been a lifesaver. I know it's addictive but only if you use it regularly. I use it a lot but not on a daily basis. It helps so much. It's better than alcohol. Now they won't prescribe valium unless you know the doctor personally and the doctor trusts you to use it properly. This is stupid. Valium is a good drug. It makes me feel normal, no side effects.

It's stupid that doctor's won't prescribe it anymore. I buy it off the internet. Fkn expensive

I hear that a lot of people respond to amphetamines in different ways, I have a prescription for them as I have narcolepsy and they barely do anything for that. one herbal med that's worth looking into without having to have a prescription for is one called truhope. you can find it through a site called www.thesepaintedwings.com it's one for bipolar and can also sometimes help for bpd. any questions about this website pm me.

Amanda

hey

I also find like rebecca a good strong sweet cup of tea helps. And chocolate its full of natural happy hormones!

Kalms help me too slightly although I do find I have more nightmares when I take these.

sunshinex

i come from south africa..

and i am a meat eater.

i would eat steak and chops for breakfast...

but i would exchange my last chop for lorazapam, but the fecking doc doesnt want to prescribe it.

grrrr

Yeah I have some lorazepam got two left and probs cant get anymore grr. So I know that feeling.

sunshinex

ps can i join you with the steak and chop for breakfast??

• 3 weeks later...

You think "good meds" are hard to find overseas? HA!!!! You should try living in the good old U S of A, where thanks to Big Brother (aka Bush) practically everything is being banned!!! :angry:

It's almost impossible to get hold of anything like Valium anymore--doctors are afraid to rx it for fear the FDA will swoop down on them and take away their licenses!! The Powers That Be (aka Bush!) seem to think we're all a bunch of potential drug-addicts who need to be "saved from ourselves"--never mind that Bush admits that he himself was a heavy drinker (and who knows what else!!!) until he was 40!!!

I guess you can tell who I didn't vote for in the last 2 elections?? :P Shows I've got some common sense left, right? (LOL--pun not intended!)

Yet another former pdoc (the landscape over here is littered my with ex-pdocs :lol: ) once gave me a script for some kind of amphetamine--he warned me I'd have a hard time even with his script getting a pharmacist to sell it to me. (It was for one tablet!! :o ) He was so right--most of the pharmacists I called were extremely suspicious B) and kept asking questions--I only found one who would sell it to me, and even he was watching me like a hawk.

I have no idea to this day why my pdoc wanted me to try the amphetamine (don't remember what it was called but you can get it at the pharmacy). Anyway--I took it shortly before I went to see my pdoc, and within minutes I was high as a kite! I was talking nonstop, giggling my head off, making jokes--even my pdoc said I was "pretty manicky". Well, duh! :wacko: What did he expect? Like I said--he never did say why he wanted me to try it!!!

I LOVE Valium---I would marry it if I could, lol! Then again--Big Brother frowns on anything that has any chance of helping anyone feel good. :angry:

My doctor (my gp--my pdoc is worthless :D ) does rx me Klonopin, which helps with my chronic anxiety--but I'd still rather have Valium or one of the other benzos. *sigh* I wonder how long it will take the Bushies to ban Klonopin too?!

I've tried Bach flower remedies and a few other things but they don't seem to do me much good. :(

Oh, and I did try some Omega 3 once--it made me so irritable I was snapping everyone's heads off! Took myself off that--it wasn't decreasing the anxiety and it was turning me into a monster! :blink:

amphetamines should only be used as meds for narcolepsy as they are very additive, I don't know how it is for anyone else but they just keep me awake no giggling no other side effects,so I have a hard time knowing they do any good for anybody,just me

Amanda

amphetamines should only be used as meds for narcolepsy as they are very additive, I don't know how it is for anyone else but they just keep me awake no giggling no other side effects,so I have a hard time knowing they do any good for anybody,just me

Amanda

I agree--I wouldn't care to start taking amphetamines. I think they were bringing out my "inner bipolar" so to speak. :lol:

And I'd forgotten--after being a bit manicky after taking that one tablet, I got home and that night suddenly "crashed"--I got very depressed and anxious and kind of paranoid.

NOT a good reaction! :wacko:

Archived