Mental Health Forums

Non Prescription Meds That Help

NotaGirl

Hiya

Yeah, all types of valium are hard to get prescribed by doc now. Trouble is, you can't take them too often coz otherwise the strong lovely effect of the valium starts to wear off!

Never tried amphetimines.

After giving up smoking and other substances that long term aren't good for me, I'm trying to keep myself free from anything too much, apart from regular antidepressants, pain meds but no antipsychotics for me in future if I can help it. Ballooned up nearly 3 stone! Came off them in October and am now a lot slimmer.

I have fatigue problems. A friend recommended drinking Red Bull. Although its potentially not good for you coz of the high caffeine intake, it does increase my energy!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I smoke cannabis to help me switch-off and relax, mainly in the evening, and have learned when and how much will relax, without it causing other anxiety problems.

I used to drink hide from my issues that made my life so painful; but without warning i could completely go into self destruct mode, possible suicide attempts, and i never ask for help...fate is i'm still here after unconsciousness and mindful refusal of forward planning has saved me several times. As a last resort to continue, started using Amphetamine & MDMA - had the big lows due to lack of knowledge of how they can both interact if used to massive excess - but now have learned about harm reduction etc Even ended up taking myself to drug services where i found i knew more about harm reduction, tolerance etc than they seemed to. I haven't been drunk on alchohol for over 18 mnths, which is the kindest thing i could ever do for me.

I did completely stop all non prescription meds because i thought that was why NHS system seemed predjudiced against me when i asked for help...but i was left alone with the pain and had removed all my coping mechanisms, only finding determination not to end my life because of what someone else had done meant i spoke to someone else, who gave me contact for amphets and i'm still here. They allow me to face the things that scare me, try and be positive for me, I'm existing, trying to balance in limbo, waiting .... for someone to teach me, where i can go no further with self-help...

I'm pretty anti-alcohol (as well as judge-mental everyone!), due to the complete unpredictability of it's effects on everyone including me. Using amphetamines is the very best i can do with what i have, but cannot stay here long-term, as my self hate for coping how i am will increase too much.

• 3 weeks later...

I haven't been drunk on alchohol for over 18 mnths, which is the kindest thing i could ever do for me.

Like 'nobody' I have done myself this favour in my case it is now over 11 months.

I found Rhodiola Rosea capsules did me more good than SJW which was bad for my eyes but I don't know whether it should be combined with an antidepressant.

I also used to enjoy Efalex or Eye Q or similar (fish and evening primrose oils mixed) and again, I can't vouch for suitability combined with antidepr.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived