Mental Health Forums

&^$&^*%*^!

Kelliemanic

So after that disastrous effort in November to try and get DLA... Joshua helped me get another claim ready and it was duly sent off in February.

They were taking ages, and Joshua called them for me and they said it had gone to a "medical examiner"

A few weeks later and this morning I got a letter from them...

"Sorry but you can't appeal against the decision in November, it's too late..."

IT WASN'T AN APPEAL IT WAS A COMPLETELY NEW CLAIM YOU MORONS!

I didn't react well... In fact I cried lots and lots....which isn't like me at all.

Why on earth can't they just accept the fact that I'm not going to roll over and die like they seem to want me to do.

As Joshua pointed out...they could have told me that it was too late to appeal and I could've explained it was a new claim as soon as they received it....why drag out out until nearly April?

I can see me having to claim all over again for the third time.

Not only that but I'm wasting Josh's resources, time, and effort, and I feel like a c**t!

:(

:wub:

Thanks for the support everyone.

I'm so sick of waiting for this.

I KNOW that people with BPD get DLA everyday...so why not me?

I'm sure either I'm doing something wrong or it's a system full of total f**kwits.

I didn't mean to get so uppity, I'm just really upset.

Everytime I think I'm getting somewhere I found out I'm back to square one.

I wouldn't mind if it was just me being a scrounger...but it isn't.

My psych told me to go for it...because I need it.

I'm so impulsive and stupid, and that extra money would be an amazing back-up.

Not to mention clear my overdraft (okay it's only £400....but it's still a debt, and still a worry on my mind)

((Hugs to everyone))

Kells

xx

Dont worry, just push through to them its a new claim not an appeal - dont give up.

I had to go to appeal with my DLA when I got it - even tho I had and submitted an occupational health report stating I was not fit to work nor would be for the foreseeable future - in practically those very words.

Dont take it lying down and dont take it personally they do it to everyone!!!

Hi

If it's not too cheeky a question, what rate of DLA are you all getting?

I wasn't given full DLA, they've only put me on Income Support with a "Disability Premium".

I only get just under 85 quid a week.

And I've had to go for more medicals with their doctors than I've had hot dinners but hopefully the last time will have been a big help as I had an "episode" while I was actually there in the waiting room! There was these two teenage scumbags in the waiting room using terribly bad language in front of women and kids and I asked them to stop and they told me to **** off so I pinned one up against the wall and said if he didn't stop it he'd be going THROUGH the wall next time. They stopped. This was all witnessed by one of the docs so it became quite evident to them that I'm a "crazy" man who doesn't take lip from anyone.

I'd never hurt a nice person and I'm not a violent man but people have to stand up to these yobs, I'm tired of all the softly softly approach that happens nowadays.

Take Care

Gordy

I don't want to open up a can of worms and I'm all for anyone coming to the UK who wants to work or who is escaping persecution but there ARE people coming here from all over and getting given two or three times what genuine benefits claimants are getting.

I've got friends from all over the world and have no problem with where anyone's from but why are they getting more than peeps already here?

Anyway, sorry to hijack the thread, just had to get that off my chest.

G

Lol yes long time man, you can.

I've got Joshua booked for a good year or so doing mine though!

:lol:

Thankyou Josh for helping me stop worrying, I was petrified you'd give up.

I don't have a clue what I'm bloody doing.

Wife I know that sounds like so little but £55 extra a week for me sounds like a dream come true.

I don't have any income at all. Apart from child benefit and that goes straight on my daughter kaisha or Jasper.

and to DJGreedyG

You reckon I should tell them I'm from Khasakstan or something? Maybe they'll hurry me through rather than wasting our time.

:rolleyes:

Good idea Kellie!

Make sure to wear a head dress and pretend you don't understand a word they're saying!

No offence to anyone from abroad who comes here cos they might be killed where they live or who come here to work by the way!

G

Archived