Mental Health Forums

What Age Do You Feel?

Marchmadness

Yesterday while I was in therapy, we were talking about age, and what I feel like at

different moments. Recently a question was asked here about ages, to me its just

a number. So I wanted to know what age does everyone feel like? Not what you

are. I have to say I feel alot younger than I am. At times I feel like that kid 7-8 yold

and others times I feel like I'm 20. But I would have to say I feel like I am like

26 (I think that is because I still play sports).

So be honest what age do you feel?

When you are at your best, and at your worst.

Marchmadness

I have to be honest. Most of the time I feel like a teenager (14 or 15) and Im actually 42! I can behave very maturely when I have to but normally revert back, especially when I'm angry (which is most of the time) to being younger. When I'm really bad and I want everyone to leave me alone I probably feel younger than that and I have been told on more than one occasion that I act like a 5 year old!!

Skinnydog

Most of the good times feel like im in my mid 20's, a time when I was very happy, active and fit. Worse times I hear myself sounding like my mother, horror of horrors :lol: and she's 61...

rebeccaborderline

I think my age changes everyday. Sometimes I feel ancient - usually when Im being logical & helpful. When Im down I feel like a little kid & then sometimes, I don't feel anything at all...

xCx

I feel very old inside,like i've been here forever.....i'm 28.....but sometimes when i see people going about their daily life,i feel young,lost and naive......that for all i've been through,there are still large pieces of me missing.....

Mostly I feel much older than 35 (think Victor Meldrew) due to being so jaded with life and tired of its problems.

When I lose my temper, I am more like a toddler or a teenager, and afterwards, when I am upset and depressed, more like when I was 7 or 8, scared and lonely but knowing I had to get into people's good books cos I was dependent on them for my survival.

And I feel young / immature when with couples, esp those with children, because they know how to have relationships and families whereas I can just about keep a cat and a couple of plants!

Dxx

Majoritively I feel younger than 36.

Some days I imagine I can still do the things I did when I was in my late teens, not all of them good and not all of them bad.

Other days I feel as I did when I was in my mid 20's, having just gotten out of a marriage, and footloose and fancy free.

On occasion I sit down and reflect on my current age and the opportunities I have missed/passed up, and it depresses me to hell.

So I guess how 'old' I feel varies with my mood..........and the number of new gray hairs!!

I feel like I'm about 45 and I'm 25.

I second that! I feel mid-forties and have since I was a little kid. I was told when I was four that I could read as well as a fourteen year old and make comments/have biases and thoughts of a forty year old.

When I have an episode, I act more like I'm four, though. With a bigger vocabulary than an ordinary four year old, unfortunately :lol:

I've always felt 4. Being looked after by my mother, nothing expected of me.

I also feel 17, part of my is still in the '80's and clubbing, discovering that I am attractive and getting attention from that alien species otherwise known as men!

Hey thanks all for the reply - It's nice to know I'm not the only one who feels

like a kid at times.

Marchmadness

Hi March

Lets see what age do I feel? Sometimes I feel like a really old, old, old man.

However there are times when I feel like a spring chicken (28) it was a good year.

Trouble

Hi March

When I'm scared or frightened I feel about 7 or 8 years old

sometimes I feel 30something like I am

currently feel knackered, and about 80 - lol

suspect that has something to do with doing too much exercise yesterday tho

It's hard to say, but I don't really feel any age, I'm not sure what age is;

my body is getting older, yes, but I feel a lack of identity or reality which prevents me from relating to this concept.

I can recognize the emotions of a child in me when I'm triggered, and could strop for England, but during the other times I am empty.

I hope this makes sense.

hi march, well i would say that when i'm feeling good, then i feel as if i'm in my early 20's.

when dark clouds come over me then i would say that i feel like a young, scared, vunerable child. (i expect that a lot of you can relate to that)

but hey, today i am 21!!!!! (44 really)

lloydy

Bad times and Im your typical 13 year old,can see it from a distance but cant acknowledge it at the time,too busy stomping my foot and raging at the world.

Good times,I suppose I feel much younger than I am,probably early twenties.

Patricia

• 2 weeks later...

that's a really good question.

It's extremes again. I feel like I've lived for ever - it won't stop. 30 years is a long long time. I feel like I've lived about 90 years.

At the same time I behave and feel like a really small child. I have childish feelings for people. I am emotionally immature. I cannot make adult relationships with people. I told my friend I behave like a 5 year old. She said no - more like 17.

Most of the time I feel like I'm around 16 (while I'm more than twice as much). When I'm in a silly happy playful mood I feel like I'm around 12. When I'm very frustrated and angry I feel like a deprived hungry screaming infant. When I'm really depressed I feel like I'm 80.

In general I feel WAY older than I am. I'm 26, but I tack on about 10 years for each of my 2 children (lack of energy to keep up and extreme exhaustion on days that I do manage to), then about 20 more on for my grumpiness and irritability most of the time, lol.

It depends on the day and whose forward because I have 45 different personalities and they are all different ages starting from a fetus to 145 which is older than I am!

I guess I'm just very strange.

Paine.

I've got a child in me and an adult, as you may have noticed.

If someone pulls on your pigtails then apologizes for being so purile u'll know it's me.

:rolleyes:

Archived