Mental Health Forums

Thoughts About Going Back To Ny

LadyMacbeth

I am so bored...Tried checking the TV and there is nothing on. Too tired to read a book. Not drinking, already ate...don't feel like talking to my friends I am just blah!

I just received an e-mail from my college advisor she wants me to meet her about my paper and I have to sort out my graduation. That means I have to go back up to NY. I am happy about that but I do not have the internet at my place so I woud have to check it at school or at the Public library. Well, I guess I will be forced to do something. I guess in the meantime while I am at school I will check the career center and get my resume finished and look for jobs. I just hope I do not get a panic attack but if I have one at school then atleast there are therapists on campus especially in the career center because its all one place. The thought of having a PA infront of people I know is embarrassing.

But, I have to deal with it because I don't want to become agoraphobic!

You can do it LM. If you start to feel a panic attack just do a strip tease while singing and pour water all over your head... that will make you feel right at home. Just teasing.

bets

aaaawww honey - you can deal with it - I know you are strong - get some advice from a T or doc for breathing exercises ( and there is also a drug called propranalol) which some people take before "performing" eg: Actors, Public Speakers etc. It is a beta-blocker which my Psych prescribed for me to take before going into difficult situations.... It lowers the heart rate and allows you to breathe more easily - it takes about fifteen minutes to take effect. Dunno if this is something you can get - but it is a suggestion...... ??

Ginny :wub:

Archived