Mental Health Forums

Managed A Day!

LadyMacbeth

I know its only 6:45 p.m., but I have managed a day without alcohol. At some points in the day around mid afternoon I had a small urge to have a drink but I ignored it. My mood has been pleasantly stable. I know if I had drank I would feel angry or even more depressed. Today was an easy day but I am just looking at one day at a time.

I received an e-mail from my closest friend who has been sexually abused, dealt with an alcoholic abusive husband who cheated on her. She had become really depressed after her husband cheated on her she started to have really bad panic attacks as well. She stayed with us for awhile while she was going through all the crap in her life. I was only fourteen at the time but she just told me that I had a sixth sense when it came to feeling the pain she was going through. For some reason I can feel the pain of the people closest to me. But, anyway, I really admire her so I know if shehad the strength to get through what she did I can.

I think I may eat dinner, take a bath, and watch some TV and try to go to sleep early. If I feel anxious I will take some Valerian.

Off for now!

LM

Lady,

You are doing so well hun.

I think I read somewhere that Borderlines are highly empathic and will often sense what emotions people are feeling before that person fully understands it themselves. It makes us more sensitive and compassionate. Although I'm sure I'm the kind of person who would such a talent for evil! (evil take over the world laugh, hee hee)

never forget this day of abstination- it something you had the strength in you to do and we're all really proud of you,

Anwen

Archived