Mental Health Forums

Get To Know Me A Little Bit

fairytales817

Well, I guess I'll just go ahead an introduce myself. I've left a few posts today, got no responces, but I left the posts for anyone to read and answer.

My name is Anna... I live in the southern US. I have been diagnosed with BPD, but my mother doesn't believe it. My father may acctually help me, but he's not as much of an active part of my life, even though he lives with us. He's having a lot of difficulties right now, with his company being bought out and his job being threatened. He wouldn't have that problem had I not been born. I was the accident that caused him to drop out of med school, or he would be a neurosurgen right now. That doesn't make me feel much better.

I'm finding it a lot easier to open up. I'm learning. This is another thing my mother doesn't agree with. I believe she is also BPD because of the way she acts. She doesn't think it's right for me to be open at all; she's big on keeping things quiet, not talking about things. I, on the other hand, *need* to talk to people. I'm trying to get over my dependence, but that is *not* easy.

I'm learning to be ok, which is a difficult process.

I welcome any advice I can get. I need it. It's hard for me to think for myself anymore, even though I know that's not good.

Thanks for listening. Hope to hear from people soon.

Anna, don't feel badly that your mother thinks one shouldn't reveal oneself to others. My mother was the same way. We didn't know she was having strokes for years until my dad told my sister and me. Try to see yourself as an individual, not a mistake and a reason for your dad's unfulfillment. Parents can be nasty and blame kids for all their(parents') mistakes, rather than take responsibility. Believe in yourself and what you are trying to do for yourself. Wake up each morning and say aloud, "This is going to be a great day!" Good luck.

Hi Anna, welcome to bpdworld

,i hope you find the site helps you in some way, everyone here is really nice, look forward to having a chat sometime,

hugs n happiness star x

Hi fairytale welcome 2 d site! ^_^ ...very helpful & true people around...new friends....talk 2 u soon.......sorry I was busy back then...I'll stay put next time :wub:

~dose of pain~

:unsure:

Hi Anna,

Welcome to BPDWorld! Hope you find all the support you need here. There are a great many people here to help . Lots of Hugs! :D

Archived