Mental Health Forums

More Meds For Me

Amy

Well I was already taking Lexapro 20mg, Wellbutrin 300mg, Topamax 400mg, and Xanax .5mg. I saw my pdoc yesterday, and discussed how my moods are still going strong. My therapist says its the borderline and what we are working on in therapy. My psychiatrist says its my bipolar not being under control. :wacko:

So she added another mood stabilizer- Lamictal to my mix. And Ambien to help me sleep (I am having probs with that)

So thats 2 anti depressants

2 mood stabilizers

1 anxiety med

1 sleep aid

I will likely end up not being on the Topamax since it isn't leveling out my moods as one would hope. But if the combo of the Topamax and Lamictal together work then I could end up staying on 2 mood stabilizers.

I said early on, I am willing to take whatever I had to in order to feel well. With BPD or BP its the same meds used (mood stabilizers, anti deppressants, etc).

Just the fact that I am now on 6 different meds makes me feel :blink::wacko: !!!

But yet at the same time hopeful because at least I know that the way I was feeling isn't the way it is supposed to be. Does that make sense?

It just may get better after all.

Take care everyone

Love

Amy

Archived