Mental Health Forums

Playing Doctor

Vorpalblade

I'm having real trouble taking my 21 tablets a day at the moment. I started to cut some out, firstly the Parkinsons ones but after a couple of days i was back shaking and spasming again, it wasn't any fun. Then i started messing with my ADs. I found that if i dont take my morning Efexor that i get a bit hyper through the day, which is fantastic, it makes me a much better teacher, more dynamic etc. I've told my SW what i have been doing and my shrink has summonsed me in a couple of weeks (also about the genital mutilation i have been doing) I know what i am doing is wrong. But, i am physically gagging when i take my pills, and i can't always keep them down either. I've tried staggering when i take them and allsorts but to no avail. :(

it is a good job your docs give you plenty of support

that type of sh is quite triggering you know...for some people that is a part of the slab of flesh daren't be mentioned... :wacko:

For some of the medications they might be avaliable in an alternative form, like liquids, maybe it is worth asking your pharmacist or GP.

i know how it is when i only had to take 4 tablets i'd be gagging, especially on lithium- it was a daily challenge to keep that down.

Blade

My guess is that there is a part of you that knows what to do here. Will you let that part speak to the other part. You sound like you have the split life that I do.

Hey blade,

sounds like you have quite a mix there. Is it possible to be able to get some of them in liquid form? Or maybe disovable form?

I know certain anti-parkinsons meds can be given in liquid form.

natx

hi bladey, 21 meds is a lot to take.. no wonder u r struggling! .. it sounds worrying the genital mutilation... have u done any perminant damage.. i so hope not and hope u can get the sh under control. hugs ivy xx

hi Weds, erm yea i do have a "split life".

Lithium tabs are the ones i struggle most with.

I am hoping that maybe one of the meds will be available as a depo.

Re the mutilation, the damage is only cosmetic ..so far :blink:

If it's just because you can't keep them down try taking them with ice cream or applesauce that may help. and for the cutting I suggest trying something positive instead like sleeping or writing about it or taking a hot bath/shower, watching a funny movie or good music, these things help to lower the feeling of cutting.

no it isnt selfharm. im not choosing not to take them. its that when i take the tablets i am gagging, and then sometimes when they are down i am vomiting them back up. i WANT to take my meds, i just cant :(

Hey Bladey it's Emma

i can't give you any advice because I don't have to take tablets like that but I wanted to tell you that I thought it all sounds really difficult for you and I hope you are ok

pozdrawiam ciepło, trzymaj sie, i mam nadzieję, że wszystko będzie porządku dla Ciebie (I'm not 100% sure if that makes sense!!) na razie papa

Gosh Blade,thats not a nice situation to be in.I know this is going to sound daft,but is it possible to put a pill in a small bit of cheese or a bite of a sandwich,or some other kind of food?Would that make it easier?

Take care of yourself.

yes Weds i do.

work are trying to sack me atthe mo..retire me cos of ill health, i secretly hope they do, even tho i am fighting it. i just cant keep on going :(

go on benefits i guess.

my union are helping me fight to keep my job, but i dont know if i want it. told hubby that i want to be unemployed, he got really angry :(

too right it is Rach :( I'm currently not taking 6 of them...new ones that were prescribed last week by the GP for non MH illness.

When I say to my psychiatrist that teaching is exaserbating the illness, he just says that the alternatives would probably make it worse. I feel guilty about being a teacher because I know that I might have to go off sick and leave the kids in the lurch.

Archived