Mental Health Forums

Starting Dbt Again

Daisy

part of me attempting to get better is to do the DBT course

in 2 weeks i am starting the next part of it, im rather nervous to be honest ive done the Mindfullness Module and thier is tne next 3 modules and 12mnhts of the course left.

I also start to see a new Psychologist on 18th Jan and im not sure how i feel about that. i didnt like her over the phone but its part of the DBT that i see her.

so i gotta put myself into dbt again.

all part nad parcel of this recovery or getting better attempt..........

Daisy - I am starting DBT for the first time in 2 weeks... I am a bit worried cos its a group thing - but if you're going back to get more, it must be doing its job...?

(I havent even met the therapist yet!!! :blink: )

Ginny :unsure:

Daisy,

From what I have been reading on your posts lately getting back into DBT should be a good thing for you... i hope it helps.

Ginny,

It is work.. you are changing your minds set patterns... but also enlightening. Hope you have good luck with it.

bets

Thanks betsy - it is encouraging to know that I am doing something considered positive by all the people that have talked to me about this.... I just hope I have the tenacity to keep it going - I am scared of what it entails... I get upset very easily and doing it front of people would just about kill me.. :unsure:

Ginny :blink:

I have confidence that you will do really well Ginny. It seems that you want the help and by wanting to get better you will!

Thanks honey - I am glad you feel that from me... sometimes I just dont know whether I am truly wanting to get well or just going through the motions to prove something to other people... I dunno - I feel just....weird. About going into something I have never known and actually MEETING other people with BPD.... scares the hell out of me, and also all the emotion that I know will come out - I spend my life trying to protect myself from emotion...actually facing it head on is freaking me out.. BUT I will do it.

Ginny :unsure:

DBT is a good thing. It will help. Apply the principles learned in the group to what is currently happening in your life. Really it will help..........if you allow yourself. I live by DBT and Buddhism. It will change how you think and eventually how you live.

Wisdom

Archived