Mental Health Forums

Childhood Friend

LadyMacbeth

By speaking to you lot it reminded of my childhood best friend in England. I have been friends with her for 15 years now! :o:o:o:o I am getting old. We lost touch for a bit but we started talking and e-mailing eachother again. She has been the only friend I have had that I kept in contact with over the years. A few years ago I went to her house to see her and she was not there but I spoke to her mother and she told me after I left to move back to England she went downhill. She started getting into a lot of fights and doing drugs and got expelled from school. I remember we were very much alike but we never spoke about how we felt but we both showed early signs of depression. We really did not have many friend except for eachother and we were always together. I remember purposely getting into a fight with her before I left for America because I did not want to say goodbye to her. But we made up before I left. She came to America to see me once to. But, a few years ago she got into this really abusive relationship with a guy who locked her in the house and beat the shit out of her and one night she finally escaped. She found out she was pregnant by him but she still does not see him.

She is on a waiting list for a psychiatrist as well to be put on medication. She actually sounded like she fit the criteria for BPD and she agreed so I told her to look that up. Maybe thats how we became friends because we felt different and could relate to eachother. I am glad I still keep in touch with her. She told me I should move back to the UK...I have been thinking about it but need to save some money first. My Green Card expires in a year so I may not renew it and come back.

LM

You're coming back to the UK???? YAY!!! :D

Hehehe...Oh, btw, why did you leave in the first place? Sorry...don't mean to be nosy... :P

My father used to work for IBM so we had to come here for a year in 1989 fir his job. Then we went back to England and under my MOTHER'S persuation we came back to America two years later. Horrible horrible horrible!

Oh dear! Sounds like you've been dragged through a lot...Oh well, soon you'll be back here again...where all the rain is! :P

Which part of the UK are you moving back to?

First off I need to start a program over here, save some money and figure out if I should go to grad school in US or UK. I want to be at least a little stable. But after a year my Green Card runs out so if I don't renew it I will be an illegal alien. I would like ot either move back to Hampshire where I am from or London. But, first of all I need to figure out finding a job, therapist...etc first.

Oh Lady - I hope you get to make that move - I believe it would be so good for you...

Go for it honey - you know you hate America... sorry to the Americans on site.. ^_^

Look in your heart - you will know what is right..

Ginny :wub:

I do not hate America. I love NY but I feel like a part of my life is missing. But I may move to Spain because ever since I went I have always wanted to move back. Me encanta Espana!

But, I am gonna at least try sort out some of my life right now in the meantime.

Archived