Mental Health Forums

Bpd_ My New Years Promise

paddypotty

Been reading some of the information about bpd here,it has helped me come to a decision,I am definately going to take up my psychiatrists offer of trying to get a place in a recovery unit for bpd,this was offered to me in September of last year but I backed out of it for some legitimate concerns such as my concerns about leaving my daughter for at least 6 months,I also backed out because I was afraid of travelling,meeting new people and being judged,being on my own and failing,so sod it I am going to tell my psychiatrist to go ahead and apply again,what have I got to lose!

well done you. go for it. wish i could go somewhere like that for a while. i have to make do with the psyche ward for a few days at a time. good luck with it.

Thanks Mitch its taken a long time and a new psychiatrist to get this far and I havent even got there yet,scary thing is when you make a decision like this its like automatically you want to go do something negative that would put me even further back,stupid or what?

Hey, i'm currently living in a therapeutic community for treatment of bpd. I have been here for 6 mths now and could poss be here till July. It was so scary coming in here at first, especially as i've had to move to another city to be here. It's damn hard work but I think I made the right dec. It was and still is so diff to put my life on hold to be here but I know that I really need this time to try and improve my lifestyle. Here at MH you find there is a gr8 understanding between all the residents and I was easily accepted. If you do go into the treatment center don't expect too much from yourself too soon and just be yourself. Good luck. Hugs, :)

Thanks Debz,its funny now Ive made the decision Im feeling kind of miserable,initially all chuffed with myself but now its as if Im setting myself up to fail,guess it will pass,probaly just frightened I have been in a psych ward for 3 months+ but this is a lot different,Ill have to move countries to get there and shit here I go again looking for reasons not to go.

Congratulations on getting there and staying there,I hope it works out for you.

Archived