Mental Health Forums

Bpd And Did

damnm00ds

I was diagnosed with DID 3 months ago, but i told my T that i am manifesting almost all of the criteria for BPD. My T is using Ego states therapy wiht me and i think its really helping me to know myself more. I find criterion no.6 (Affective instability due to a marked reactivity of mood e.g. intense episodic dysphoria, irritability, or anxiety usually lasting a few hours and only rarely more than a few days) for BDP similar to symptoms for DID. With a little revising, I say that criterion 6 already encompasses the rest of the criteria for BPD. I think each criterion is associated with a significant repressed memory which was not dealt in the past. The unresolved conflicts tend to repeat patterns in the present as it became a familiar and hideous practice that torments the mind of the host personality and causes emotional and interpersonal problems. Every criterion embodies a distinct and a dominant personality.

I guess memory work in ego states therapy can also be of help in dealing with the sypmtoms for BPD...

Rarely does BPD come alone. They say that if you have BPD that you prolly have PTSD too. Or let me rephrase that, those that have PTSD prolly have BPD too, its a fact. I have lots of friends that are BPD and DID. They are very interesting ppl, I love em.

DID is Dissociative identity disorder....thnks for responding..it meant alot...yeah i believe that BPD goes hand in hand with other disorders such as PTSD, other personality disorders, DID, eating disorders..etc...nevertheless, im trying to find out what is/are the primary cause/s of BPD...coz i believe that when you know the causal factors of the disorder then it will be easier to come up with a better treatment....so i thoguht that one way to deal with the sypmtoms for BPD is to apply the techniques of inner healing and ego states therapy somehow employed in DID in dealing with such clients. It seems that each criterion for BPD personifies a distinct personality which manifests in moods. criterion 6 is affective instability...so i guess that each affect represents or embodies a dominant persona...so i think that the goal in therapy is to re integrate the personalities in order to obtain healing or restoration. expressions of feelings like 'i feel helpless, i feel depressed, i feel anxious...' are very crucial to attaining resolution coz i think that awareness of what is happening inside or what we are feeling is highly therapeutic. im saying this coz this works for me...anway thanks again and take care everyone

~hmmm...havent been to the doctor yet.....one way or another I will though :P but its good to be informed

lookin forward to chat with you again....I bliv u remember me :D

~dose of pain~

:unsure:

hey doze...how are you doin? im knda expecting to hear from you...my offer still stands...hope you saved my cel no...eniwe hope to catch you on..take care...just hang on...God bless

Archived