Mental Health Forums

Yesterday

celticgirl

Rode my horses yesterday,and the day before even though i was feeling like hiding from the world and staying inside.....and they made me smile as always :D Find being outside realy calming,safer somehow when i'm feeling scared/down......i'm not hemmed in.I love the green of everything,and the bluebells at the moment are beautiful....even though for some odd reason they make me cry! Does anyone else find the outdoors therapeutic,soothing in ways? xx

Being in nature and with animals is great. It grounds us. We can hopefully see the beauty of it. It can make us feel part of the world, calm and away from other concerns.

Green space has always been very important to me; Im forever stopping walking to sniff flowers, touch trees and leaves. The smell of freshly cut grass brings warm feelings. A beautiful, wild rambling garden with blooms can move me to tears (in a good way). I love lying on grass, just feeling the texture

rebeccaborderline

Managed to get them both out again yesterday,even though i was feeling like crap......and i did feel a lot better afterwards....they make me laugh! Apparently my horse can go past a huge tractor and a milk tanker,but is reduced to a nervous wreck by.....apple blossom and her own shadow!....and i thought i had problems lol xx

glad your making it out riding....

is really good for you

besides if nothing else your horse and his/her phobias can make you feel really really normal

think thats why I liked the woman from victim support

she seemed like the only person in the world less able than me to cope with talking about abuse issues

wasn't terribly helpful

but did make me feel less abnormal in an odd kinda way

lol

thankfully have a proper counselling person now to see regularly

can probably discuss about 95% of stuff with her now, which is big progress for me....

not sure if 100% is a safe thing with anyone....

Anyway well done for keeping up with the riding (well get back on topic now)

was grimmish weather here yesterday - tho I expect the horses don't mind

take care

Z

It was really sunny down here in the Wild West....meant to be crap at the weekend though.Know what you mean about victim support woman....i had a counsellor like that once,i ended up listening to her! ( kind of made me realise i wasn't so screwy though...)

My horse is getting a lot braver....she's still scared of hosepipes,but thats not too bad.My other supposedly more mature horse is totally traffic proof but is scared of....stones! Also not keen on drain covers...So my own fears and phobias seem quite sane in comparison lol.

Going up to feed them in a bit,and clean their field up....then hopefully go for a ride before Norah ( the older one) decides to lie down for a snooze.....i don't have the heart to make her get up,she looks so cute!xx

hmm it depends how I am, but yesterday I was walking across the field home with some great music in my ears and all I could thilnkl was these fields are gorgous. This is great I should do it more often.

sunshinex

hi kate, im glad u r finding peace in the countryside.. how amazing it must be to have horses! i love getting out of the city and surround myself with green .. i went to a bluebell wood last week and it was breathtaking. i felt really at one with nature . it was lovely. take care, hugs ivy xx

Archived