Mental Health Forums

For Crying Out Loud.

Kelliemanic

Peacekeepers have the right to...  

8 members have voted

1. 1. A peacekeeper has the right to?...

• "Deal with" someone who breaks the rules?
    • Punish that person for breaking the rules?
    • Do all of the above in a forum everyone else can read but are not able to defend themselves in?

My main conern is the lack of privacy "perpetrators" have. I think that it would be humiliating to openly discuss such matters, and vote on whether, for example, a person should have to apologise. I'm an administrator of a site as big, if not bigger, than this one and we would never communicate about members on the open forum like this.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some people would prefer to see the decision process in action.

Also, there needn't be posts unless the 'other' option is selected. The polling process is closed from view.

We all read posts and know ourselves when one has breached the rules. I think that are greater benefits to doing things this way in ensuring this is a safe place for all of us (including the person breaking the rules) that out weigh any discomfort of someone who had breached the rules. They have after all broken the rules and people will know in future what happens when they do that.

Not all sites have to do things in the same way.

My main conern is the lack of privacy "perpetrators" have. I think that it would be humiliating to openly discuss such matters, and vote on whether, for example, a person should have to apologise. I'm an administrator of a site as big, if not bigger, than this one and we would never communicate about members on the open forum like this.

I agree, and it will act as a deterant in its self.

The same happens in DBT if someone is late for group - they are asked to stand up in front of the group and explain why. Or asked to do the mindfullness exercise at the end of the session.

I am not trying to do something new, im trying things that have been tried and tested and proven to help

But that seems to imply that people are deliberately breaking rules. It seems a bit harsh to villify someone for what may well be an oversight. I never liked the name and shame tactic myself.. a quiet word always seems much more effective and humane! <_<

The rules are there for everyone to see and take in

if they break them then they will have to face the consequences.

sounds harsh but true

i havent put my thoughts on this as really i see that im just helping the forum be kept safe for everyone i still feel like a member and should respect the rules and that. there is hardly a time that we will have to make judgment on somone about there post, only time this has happend was either a mistake and the person was warned about it and other times was when some people was out to destroy the forum and the safty of everyone in it. ive been here over 2 years and seen people come and go which is up to them. i do agree though that its a tough call taht the peacemakers frum is open to view of everyone though, and i guess its hard for it to be closed aswell. in my opinoin it should be closed as this can cause some comflict and hurt feelings to the people who are being judged. but the way im dealing with it is not writing anything in there and keeping my feelings to myself and just vote so i wont be judged aswell on what i say. i dont agree with the way that people was just put as peacemakers with out telling them or asking them first as im sure that you feel that somthing may have been tooken away like bit more freedom but really we are just like a member only thing we do is invisable a post and make a judgment on trigger ones or down right malicious ones.

anyway i think ive said enough and i dont think ive made sense or even got to what people is talking about doh. but i thought i would put my pennyworth in as it is in the open and not in peace keepers forum.

take care everyone and lighten up its only a diffrence in name with a little job we have to do if we want to.

take care everyone and lighten up its only a diffrence in name with a little job we have to do if we want to.

Its not actually if you want to....

If peacekeepers are found not be active in their role they will also face the other peacekeepers as this is against the rules.

what rules josh? i mean we didnt ask to be a peace keeper?

yep, i know you didnt.

everyone who joins this site will end up being a peace keeper.

I know this is weird but now I have been given this peace keeping role I feel like I should be more aggressive and opinionated. I always form an opinion but rarely share it.

Guess this is just me, my dad always says I have a bad attitude. I am more of a bystander on here and this seems to be creating a little conflict with my usual traits.

Ginger

P.S I rarely make sense either and have probably added to a post that doesnt need my input.

I know this is weird but now I have been given this peace keeping role I feel like I should be more aggressive and opinionated. I always form an opinion but rarely share it.

Funny you should say that cos I feel the opposite.

I feel my normal behaviour is to challenge people,try and help people see things from different angles,but I am aware that it can be felt like an attack.However now I'm a peace keeper,I feel I cant do that because it may cause conflict(which I view people addressing their conflict/anger about a situation as a good learning point).

However now I feel I have to give out the hugs,and sympathy,(which I also believe there is a time and a place for),and cant be a bit harder.

Maybe its just a question of adjustment and change,and I'll be back to normal soon enough.

Right, now I have just been changed from staff to peacekeeper, I am absolutely itching to do something naughty and get discussed in the naughty corner! :lol:

rebeccaborderline

Right, now I have just been changed from staff to peacekeeper, I am absolutely itching to do something naughty and get discussed in the naughty corner! :lol:

rebeccaborderline

so mods are changing to peacekeepers to?

It's ok Ginger, we really don't have that much power!

For me its not about the power.Its the responsibility.I feel I have to be a model member.And I'm not quite sure what one of them is.

Was just me I think sunshine_bear, i had an odd role anyway,

rebeccaborderline

rebeccaborderline

I dare you LOL

rebeccaborderline

LOL!

You're so mischievous!

I'm still giggling away to myself!

KP

xx

hi kellmanic

how are you

i totally agree with what you,re saying about this peacekeeping

thing i have been told by em one of the moderators i need to post

nore in order what difference does it make howmany posts we just to become

a peace keeper personally i think we should be treated the same

from teen-g

Well i post a lot and have been here a while,but that doesn't seem to have made any difference....as far as i know,i haven't deliberately set out to inflame,anger or offend anyone (although i may have inadvertantly),i try to be supportive and give helpful replies....though i'm beginning to question their usefulness at this point.I guess people become Pk's if and when management see fit......i'm going to walk away from this now as i'm getting very triggered,upset and angry and don't want to saysomething i'll regret later

Archived