Mental Health Forums

Shy Hi

dayterror

Not really sure what to say. The basics I guess...

I'm 31, female from so. california.

I think I got my first BPD dx about 13 years ago.

I've actually been doing quite well for the past several months, but recently it's been creeping back up on me. I s'pose that has coincided with going off lexapro, which I had to do cuz of financial reasons.

I'm really terrifed of swinging back into the throws of BPD, cuz I now have a wonderful GF and I'm so afraid of messing things up/ hurting her/ scaring her away. She's very supportive. But she doesn't know how awful I can be.

So I'm gonna browse around now, and hopefully meet some of you.

Guess I figured out what to say after all....

Welcome. You will find lots of support here. I think we all know the "creeping back feeling" so maybe finding others to chat with along the way will help!

Certainly hope so.

Bets

I know the feeling of fear of scaring away someone I care about, but if they really love you, they'll learn not to be afraid of you, but to help you.

Welcome to the site. We're a friendly, helpful bunch of people. Make yourself at home and relax. This site helped me a lot, and I'm sure it can be of assistance to you.

Hi DayTerror

Sure you are most welcomed here. AT least u realised the "creeping back" feeling! For me, I was gung ho, thought I was out of the forest, went off my medicines (hey, they are expensive eh!), and, after 2 weeks, I practically, literally, emotionally, crashed out. Had to be hospitalised, and stayed away from home a whole month, away from hubby, away from my young kids. Thats BPD relapse for me. Now I take my meds. The temptation is always here you know, "eh..actually I do feel better...", now never delude ourselves. Daily, even my hubby ask if I have taken my meds now! :D

Anyway, we are here for you, with you. Wish to meet you some day.

Budgie

Actually, the creeping back feeling kicked me in the teeth. So it was pretty easy to recognize.

Everything was going great, and then it suddenly went ick.

It was so extreme, that I couldn't help but notice.

And I'm trying very hard not to let it take over.

Archived