Mental Health Forums

Therapy

LadyMacbeth

I think my father has finally come to the realization that I need help. He looked over the insurance forms today for my continuation insurance. I feel bad bc its really expensive but its probably the only alternative right now. I am going to start looking for places that specialize in CBT. I am not sure about my current therapist since I never called her back and she probably would not want me to go back because I am unreliable. I won't do that again. I do not think I would want to continue to see her because I think I need a different approach then plain old psychotherapy. I defintely need to work on my anxiety. So hopefully all goes to plan.

Whats your idea? I have Aetna PPO Open Choice. Which means I can see anyone that accepts that plan. Some plans you must go to a GP and then they refer you. Thats crap! I have not moved out of NY I still have my place.

I have no life lol

No,seriously though, the guy who wrote the book 'the angry heart' is happy to recieve emails requesting help etc. So im sure if that he cant help you directly in one of his centres he may well know of someone who can.

The centre is actually about two hours away from me. I looked up the cost and its like $950.00 a day. It looks like a calm place but its expensive. My insurance was not listed there. I did find a CBT place about a five minute walk from my house in NY. I called up the therapist and left a message on her voice mail it she does not call me back I will call again. It would be ideal if I can work something out! Five minute walk!

Thanks a lot Lorna it was very helpful!

• 2 weeks later...

I have a therapy appt. tom. at 11:00am. I just spoke to her and she sounds really nice. I really hope I do not panic. She said to come early cause she has a waiting room but I don't really want to wait very long so I may just be right on time cause I don't want to panic. But, if I do then I will call her on my cell outside her place so maybe she will come outside and meet me. My former therapist contacted her and told her I was not feeling very well. That was nice. Ohh...I hope it goes well!

Oh well done sweetie!!!!! I am really pleased for you - things could be looking up, huh?

You have to let us know how it all went - I cant wait!!! :)

Excellent stuff!!!!

Ginny :bigarmhug[1]::wub: ;)

Archived