Mental Health Forums

?'s Thread [occupying Myself With Drivel]

dizzy d

Ive been occupying my mind with drivel today and there are a few questions that are bugging me.... so here goes...

• Is pumpkin pie savory or a dessert?.

• is the sunday roast and English thing ?

• are there fish and chip shops in other countries?

• why are good things bad for you and bad things good.... ie, chocolate and fags [etc] bad... lettuce and excersise [etc] good [who ever made them rules got them arse about face, BUT. if it was lettuce and excersise that was bad would we enjoy them more and avoid the healthy chocolate and fags? is it human nature to crave what we shouldnt have?.

• why do men think that 1 inch is actually 2 inches, makes things soo dissapointing, wouldnt it be better to think 1 inch is half an inch so us women can go weeyyyyheyyyy instead of huh!....

Answers please and then post your list.

diz x

dessert, yes, not that I've found, because for our survival (if we were still just hunter gathers) we prefer food that is rich in calories, the problem is now that these things are in plentiful supply. I don't know...I think they think we won't notice that they lied about their size, either that or they know we're not likely to suddenly get out of bed and say no way.

sunday roast is not just an english thing we have that in canada

we have fish and chip shops in canada

yes it is human nature to crave things that are bad for oneself, most foods these days have additive in them to keep people wanting these things

because men are silly, and if they say that then they are self conscious

my opinion only

lol. what is fish and chips. is it potatoe chips? we fish here, and eat alot of it. but it usually is fish and hush puppies.

the new study says chocholate is good, high in antioxidants. 1 oz. per day is not harmful. so chocholate is good and taste good too. it helps pms also!!!!!lol my boyfriend just buys chocolate and throws it in my front door that time of the month.lol

lettuce and exercize is bad.lol so i started just doing what i like to do. walk on beach, ride my bike, skate, only the fun activities.

i dont think i understood the first post .lol so im going to stop here.lol

oh ,i see . i dont know what drivel is.

i think its a game. what is good is bad. like.

5 boyfriends is good but is considered bad.

eating all junk food is bad but it is good

catching alot of fish is good for me, but it makes the boys jealous, so its bad.

did i get it? lol

probly not. hehe

oh well, i tried to get it.lol

Pumpkin pie is definitely a desert.

We have Sunday roasts here down under.

We have loads of fish and chips shops but they tend to not be open on a Monday. Is it the same over there?

I definitely crave things I cannot have - I have recently become allergic to fish and that seems to be the only thing I want now when I go out for dinner!

I find that I underestimate sizes and I am a female, why is that?

Not surprising for Australia and Canada to be similar to the UK in terms of customs like the Sunday roast and fish & chips...they are colonies and well populated with ex-Brits.

Fish & chip shops are quite often closed on a Monday because of they won't have had a fresh delivery of fish the previous day, being Sunday.

I never understand why Chinese takeaways in my area are closed on Tuesdays....that's always the day I fancy one...maybe just as well. I prefer Chinese and Indian food in the UK too. When my Dad comes over from Canada the first thing he wants to do is have an Indian meal! When I was in Toronto the other year I showed my step-mother how to make Yorkshire pudding, can't believe my father went without it for 38 years!

Archived