Mental Health Forums

Bpd Mums!

budgie

I think i m going crazy soon with my kids, gal 3.5 yrs, son 2 yrs.

The small guy is rather ok, a bit sticky, cries.

The gal gets me mad coz she is very very active, provokes her brother, talks non stop, does things I told her not to, i can go on forever.

Now, dont mistaken me. I am not biased. My gal is jus extremely hyper and she's driving me up the wall. My BPD flare makes me more susceptable to irritation and anger, and i try to sleep it off or take medicines. But it really is begining to sux more. :angry:

Budgie,

You are not bad for feeling the way you do and your kids are not bad for doing the things they do. Under the best of circumstances those ages are had to deal with but when you have bpd (or any other mental illness) it is hard to come outside of yourself to deal with the totally self-centeredness of children. You begin to doubt if they love you and you love them.

Just pick your battles... not everything is important to focus on. Try to take joy in the little things and no the other things will pass. Don't let it make you feel incompetent... that only makes things worse. Just be the best mom that YOU can be and know that you are the best mom for your kids. Get a sitter and go out some. It is hard for anyone with all the demands of kids at this age.

Vent here not at them, and know we understand.

Bets

Archived