Mental Health Forums

The Blues Again

pinklady66

I have been feeling depressed for the last two weeks. I have been hiding it from everyone. Actually I have been staying away from everyone if at all possible. I have my bad moments where I have to go and hide. I don't want to go anywhere or see anyone.

A week or so ago, I had some house guests. I made dinner and hardly got through that. I managed to make a nice meal and it went off without a hitch. The depression part of me was glad when they finally left. I was able to be in my own little world. It had nothing to do with them, it was all me.

I have had a pretty depressive night and again I am hiding. I can't even play the games in Yahoo. I have tried and ended up losing. I don't care really. Now I'm back on this site and I feel better. My mood is starting to get better.

I wish I could gain control over my depression. I wish everyone could. I wish that the world was a happier place. A lot of wishing. :(

((((pinklady))))

The slippery slope downwards is a dark and lonely place, I'm glad you found coming on here made you feel better, identifying what works and what doesn't in an important step in the recovery process. Maybe it's the time of year, but a lot of people are feeling bleak at the moment, we have to have faith it will pass.

Anwen

funny what you said about not wanting to play games cos you lose. i always care if i lose :P you just dont need that sort of personal failure when you're depressed! it seems like a big deal!

if i drop my keys it's like, oh jeez, im so fking clumsy... i can't do ANYTHING right!

i am intrigued at the way depresison can do that to you. make you feel like utter crap about utterly everything!

anyway, back to your post....

well done for making dinner. shows you what you can do when you have to pull it together. depression is made worse in my experience by having nothing to do. if you can, try to keep busy and immerse yourself in doing activities. have more dinner parties. it can keep you from the worst.

are you on any good meds for the depression cos personally i have found that is the best way out of depression for good.

take care pinklady. hope today is better and my advice dont suck!

lost xx

((((((((((((Pinklady)))))))))))

I definitely know the feeling from your post about hiding it from everyone and just trying to wing it, wanting to run and hide from others and not wanting to see anyone. I've been there quite often myself. I'm glad that you came back on the site. I hope that you get to feeling better eventually again. If we were all "shiny happy people holding hands" then the world would definitely be a happier place and more pleasant and no depression. I will fall over when that happens. :lol:

Take Care

Katie

Archived