Mental Health Forums

I Think I Found A Therapist!

LadyMacbeth

Is anyone else having problems with the speed of the site. Or is my computer just super slow today!

I called a CBT therapist on MOn. and she just returned my call. She treats anxiety and I told her I had traits of BPD and she told me that the anxiety does ont take many sessions to treat but if I am showing traits of BPD then it will take longer.

The problem is that she does not accept insurance but with or without insurance the cost is going to work out the same because insurance costs about $400 a month and her sessions for people without insurance runs around $80 a session. She also sounds really nice to. She is NY right by my place. So even if I could not stay up in NY right now I could go once a week too see the therapist and see my friends. I can also look for a job in the area and then move back. I called my father and told him about her and he wants to discuss it futher later but as long as it does not put him in the poor house I am sure he will be fine with it because right now I just want to control the anxiety.

I actually felt better today because I have not had any caffeine. My father bought me decaf tea and I have been drinking that instead. I cannot believe how caffeine can really affect you if you have anxiety.

Oh I hope this all works out I feel happier then I have felt in days.

Well done Lady !!! I am SO glad you have ffinally found something to make your future look brighter :) It is time things went your way and I am really, really, pleased for you. Take it one step at a time and dont expect too much, too soon..... By the way, about the caffeine. Dont drink it - caffeine and other stimulants are notorious for making anxiety way worse...

Take care honey - thinking of you and your smiling face ( I hope it is anyway!)

Ginny :wub::wub: :wub:

thats great news.

good luck!

and yeah, stay away from the caffeine. ps caffeine is also really bad for cellulite. so just think of that when you fancy a gulp. :o

I think I am actually going to see her next week I have to call her when I get up to NY. I had a good vibe from her just by talking on the phone. She sounds like she knows what she is doing. I cannot believe I found a CBT therapist like 10 min. away from there I live up in NY. She is also good friends with my former therapist which I came to find out as they studied together or something so that even better. I know that is a good sign.

LM,

It is a very good sign if it makes you feel more at ease with her. It was really good for me to read your news. It isn't always easy to get from one place in our lives to another, and you just seem to have grown and blossemed, and have been so supportive in your posting from the first time I saw you. You are so smart, and are taking care of your own stuff. Good job, and for sure let us know how it goes!

XX Ann

I spoke to my father this morning about my panic attacks. And I also called the therapist to make an appt. with her for next week. I left a message so when she calls me back it will be a step in the right direction for recovery. I am trying not to stress about going back to NY esp. since I have my books with me I can go into the library at school and read or study for the GRE exam or talk to you lot :) I will also read exerts from my anxiety book when I am feeling anxious. I know I can do this!

Archived